Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Proof PSPs

djsch19 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Using pandora with my own fat PSP several times succesful, I would call myself experienced enough with unbricking and using pandora. As time comes along a couple of my friends come to me with the new psp slim requesting me to enable hombrew.

I build myself a magic memory stick with my fat, and take couple softmodded pandora batteries out of storage. My friends come over I pandora both PSPs and they leave both with there slims at 3.71 m33. Two weeks later both my friends come back to me saying they become a little anxious about Sony's 3.90 release and upgraded.

I go through the same steps I did last time when using pandora on the slims, and what happens, Failure. The magic ms was fine it was the pandora battery that was refusing to transfer after the AC adapter was popped in. I figured it was just from collecting too much dust; before I trashed them I tried them out on my fat, and to my amazement they both worked.

I no I'm not doing anything wrong with the process, It couldn't be the PSPs. Is Sony's newest update pandora proof???

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

What f-ing AC? You don't plug em in while you reflash.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

ZealCool is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra
    What f-ing AC? You don't plug em in while you reflash.
    pwnd

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Really. Unless he meant when he recharged the panda, but that shouldnt do anything to the setup.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Neutrino is offline -Hacks Ninja

Sounds like your friends got pretty lucky the first time around...

I softmodded my pandora batteries, after I removed the pin, the battery was never able to power the psp, I had to have it plugged in through the process otherwise it wouldn't turn on. And that's not the problem.

Could you answer my original question though?

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino
    Sounds like your friends got pretty lucky the first time around...
    The pandora process isn't a question of luck, as the current motto states; pandora is able to downgrade and unbrick EVERY psp, and I believe to be true. But the question I have is does it work on every firmware, specifically 3.90

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by djsch19
    I softmodded my pandora batteries, after I removed the pin, the battery was never able to power the psp, I had to have it plugged in through the process otherwise it wouldn't turn on. And that's not the problem.

Could you answer my original question though?
    No 3.9 is not pandora proof (pandora>3.90) and no is you lift the pin its not softmod its called hardmod. If you have experience you should know these facts by now.

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

Quote Originally Posted by osnap1584
    No 3.9 is not pandora proof (pandora>3.90) and no is you lift the pin its not softmod its called hardmod. If you have experience you should know these facts by now.
    Technical terms mean nothing to me, I'm not the type of hacker that does much modding anyways. Thank you for answering my question, if you have any solutions for my situation I would highly appreciate it, otherwise I will create another battery I guess.

Anybody that has had success with 3.90 downgrade, please post to prove recent conclusion.

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by djsch19
    Quote Originally Posted by osnap1584
    Technical terms mean nothing to me, I'm not the type of hacker that does much modding anyways. Thank you for answering my question, if you have any solutions for my situation I would highly appreciate it, otherwise I will create another battery I guess.

Anybody that has had success with 3.90 downgrade, please post to prove recent conclusion.
    If you check the help section there are tons of noobs who ask about how to downgrade 3.9 to 1.5. They were able to do it. Over at hacks,cracks and mods section stallone has made a new easy installer to make a pandora for semibricks which can install 3.80 m33(dcv4); this was made because someone has semi-bricked and thought of a way to make a pandora while in recovery(even though it has been done before). I think that's proof enough that it works.

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast