Thread: Playstation Store for the PSP coming(GDC08 news)

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

maxconsole
    Joystiq

Chris Eden from Sony Computer Entertainment made mention of PLAYSTATION Store on PSP in his Game Developers Conference session. Currently, players must use a PC in order to download content and transfer it to the PSP. Going forward, PSP fans will be able to download games directly to their systems from within the PSP itself. "Access native PLAYSTATION Store on PSP via wireless hotspot," the slide notes. "Purchase and download content direct to PSP (no USB cable)." Launch is currently "TBA." More details are promised for the future. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long.

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Deus Veritas is offline -Hacks Hacker

It would take forever to downlaod games.
    If you're interested in writing for my new Tech site, please let me know via email tj@triptronictech.com The site's: www.triptronictech.com

Robert is offline -Hacks God

I don't think t will be used for full game downloads.

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by inimitablesikh
    It would take forever to downlaod games.
    Yes that is exactly what I was about to say. Loading time is going to suck.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Slim only?

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

BooostedAWD is offline -Hacks Newbie

Sounds like it almost could be a way for Sony to get at people with CFW... I don't know though.. I guess we'll see.

Deus Veritas is offline -Hacks Hacker

Sony is going to make something hacker proof that will make hackers want to go to OFW. That is my opinion.
    If you're interested in writing for my new Tech site, please let me know via email tj@triptronictech.com The site's: www.triptronictech.com

GuilT1 is offline -Hacks Member

It seems like Sony goes to great lengths to compete against hacked PSP's and homebrew shit. They just can't compete with free games and shit. I think if the PSP were never hacked, they'd be content with these shitty games and not these constant updates to the PSP. Surely to god they know it would take forever to download a half decent game. Hopefully they'll throw some free shit our way.

Kion is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

The PSP hacking commiunity has constantly forced Sony to find ways to get people away from CFW. Which is good cause we got things like, POPs. However in the end it's all been brought to CFW. So lets face it, the more we hack the more Sony will hand us in their next update.
    Sounds like Xbox live market place, probs be the same sort of thing, which will be cool.