Thread: [TUT]Install a plugin in your PSP on Custom Firmware 3.XX w/o computer

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

This tutorial tells you how to install a plugin using only your PSP. This requires a computer in the beginning.

Requirements:

PSP Filer v4.8 http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1075
    and
    PSPWrite 1.0.4 for cfw 3.XX http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1315
    or
    PSPWrite 1.0.4 for fw 1.50 http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1314

PSPWrite for 1.50 is for those who prefer using 1.50 kernel. When I find out how to do this using Devhook and IR Shell, I will update this tutorial. From Step 2, a computer is no longer needed. If you prefer to use a computer to install a plugin, use this tutorial in case you are not in reach of a computer. If you already have PSP Filer and PSP Write, go straight to step 2.

1. Download the above files and put the game files in their proper directories. Eg: ms0:PSP\GAME150 or GAME. (PSPWrite for 1.50 and for 3.XX are of your choice but you need at least one of them)

2. Download a plugin of your choice, through the PSP’s Web Browser or from the computer and place anywhere it in your memory stick. (Best placed in root of memory stick)

3. Because plugins normally come in *.zip or*.rar files, run PSP Filer and press Circle (O) on the file you downloaded containing your plugin. Press Cross(X) on your plugin and press (O) to copy or move the plugin. A window will appear. Move to the SEPLUGINS folder and press Triangle (/\) to copy or Square ([ ]) to move it.

4. Now open PSPWrite and make edit the text file corresponding to when you want your plugin to work (game.txt, vsh.txt, pops.txt, game150.txt). Insert the line ms0:seplugins\X.prx (Replace X with plugin’s name). Press (Select) and choose Save.

5. Now go to recovery mode, (Hold R when turning on PSP) choose plugins and enable your plugin or use the recovery plugin for your firmware.

FAQ (For NOOBS)

1. Can I do this using IR Shell?
    Yes, you can. Apparently, I am not a IR Shell user so I am not sure in how to do it in IR Shell

2. Why is there a second PSP Write?
    The second PSP Write is for people who prefers using 1.50 kernel or are on fw 1.50.

3. Can PSP Filer run on fw 1.50?
    Yes, but you need a separate application to split the EBOOT file inside for PSP Filer only shows one folder. The application is mentioned in the PSP Filer’s readme.

4. In step two, you said the file is best put in the root of the memory stick. Why?
    Because when you load up PSP Filer, it automatically goes to the root of your memory stick.

5. I don’t have an SEPLUGINS folder on the root of my memory stick?
    Create one using PSP Filer.

6. I have the SEPLUGINS folder but I do not have any text files there. What do I do?
    Make a new file using PSP Write and add the line ‘ms0:seplugins\X.prx’ (Replace X with plugin’s name). Before saving, edit the name at the very top and press save or go to PSP Filer and edit the text file’s name there.

7. I can’t run PSP Filer or PSP Write. It says the game cannot be started.
    You need a custom firmware to do this. Check your system information and make sure there is a OE or M33 at the back of the firmware number.

8. I don’t have Recovery Mode?!?!!?
    Look at question 7

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

People still use 1.50 and DevHook:o

Good instructions, but still seems heavy PC reliant. It would just be faster on PC.

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Figure that if you can get the Filer, PSP Wirte, ect on you PSP using a PC you might as well also do the plugins on your PC. good tut though

Deus Veritas is offline -Hacks Hacker

u copied this from a different forum...
    If you're interested in writing for my new Tech site, please let me know via email tj@triptronictech.com The site's: www.triptronictech.com

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

PSPFiler can be ran on the 3.xx kernel. Just move the 'kernel3' folder from the download to /PSP/GAME and launch.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

actually, i made this tut because i have problems with my computer. It crashes sumtimes so sending files over to my psp can be dangerous. so i depend on my psp to install the plugins

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)