Thread: New psp buyer needs advice

enigma999 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi there i have recently purchased a psp with m33-5 firmware and 4gb memory card. I am completely new to the psp scene (from a well learned modded 360 scene) and hoped i could ask for some guidelines and advice how to keep my psp healthy, unlocked etc.
    Do some games automatically upgrade you firmware? and other questions i should really be asking.
    I am new to the forum and am keeping my message short and aware of the guidelines i should be staying in regarding posting.

Hope to hear your experiences and advice. Thanks.
    :twothumbs:

Kab
    Kab is offline -Hacks Newbie

Uhmm, to keep it healthy just download the latest firmware I guess and to keep it unlocked just dont download OFW(Original FirmWare).

Games dont upgrade your firmware(wasent sure what you were asking?)

ok, on the 360 some games upgrade your console so i wondered if that happened on the psp and so altering you custom fw

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

with sony's stuff... the player has a choice to update for not...in some way.... until you reach a game that will definitely require a higher firmware, then you are forced to update

Great thats handy to know, once you reach a game that needs to update i suppose you have to update your custom fw too.

fella is offline -Hacks Neophyte

From the xbox mod scene as well -

PSP is much more user friendly, fyi. There aren't any games that try to update your dash via XBL:) Almost every game comes with firmware updates now, which are just required to play that game (ie, if Daxter runs 2.7, and you're on a 2.6, then you'd need to update). However, with the custom firmware, there's generally ever a need to actually update via Sony FW.

As for keeping it healthy - you don't need to worry about that too much. There's always the risk of bricking the psp if you install the wrong homebrew or app, so having access to a pandora's battery (a battery that's been tweaked to unbrick psps as well as to hack slims) is never a bad idea. If you've been soldering in the xbox world, then you might as well make the battery yourself.

Also, these forums have an excellent search function, which will almost always point you where you need to go.

Good luck bro, and enjoy.

dark90 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i got only one advice for u: nvr upgrade to ofw..