Thread: Install CFW With just one PSP

Sushruth Sulagod is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Warning! This will require opening your psp battery and modifying your memory stick. Neither I nor PSPbrew will be held responsible if you damage yourself or your battery, memorystick, PSP, etc. Proceed at your own risk.

Creating The Battery

You can go about this one of three ways.

1. Permanently modify an extra PSP battery. (Easy)
    2. Add a switch to your current PSP battery. (Intermediate)
    3. Buy a premade battery. (Super Easy)

1. Permanently modify an extra PSP battery.

Materials:
    - Extra battery (Not all batteries work. To be sure buy an official Sony battery. The older the better!)
    - Non-conductive, thin, hard object. (i.e. plastic knife, guitar pick, fingernail)
    - Razor blade

Step 1: Open the battery using your "Non-conductive, thin, hard object". Do this by applying pressure along the seam where the 2 halves of the case meet. I used my fingernail to open my fat battery. The slim battery seems harder to open, so use a sharp object but be VERY CAREFUL not to cut anything inside of the case.

Step 2: Using your razor blade, cut where marked.

- For fat batteries cut the pin shown in fat-battery pictures A or B (depending on what your battery looks like).
    - For a slim you have 2 options. Cut the pin shown in slim-battery picture A, or cut the PCB trace in slim-battery picture B. Cutting the trace MAY be repaired by using a circuit writing pen or by soldering.
    - If your battery does not match any of the pictures, I'm sorry but I can't help you. You can try proceeding by looking for a chip on the PCB that looks like the chip pictured below and cutting the 5th pin. Use the following pictures to compare to. I cannot guarantee this will work though.

WARNING: WHEN CUTTING THE PIN OR TRACE BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR CUTTING THE LEG ON THE CHIP OF THE PCB. YOU COULD RUIN THE BATTERY IF YOU TOUCH MORE THAN ONE LEG AT A TIME!
    Fat A *1

Fat B *2

Slim A *3

Slim B *4

Chip *5

Step 3: Close up the battery by using some electrical tape on the sides or super glue it back together. I personally went the tape route in case I needed to easily open my battery again.

Step 4: Test the battery by inserting it into the PSP. If the PSP immediately turns on, then it works. Without the magic memory stick the screen will stay black, but if the green power light is on you are in business.

2. Add a switch to your current PSP battery

3. Buy a pre-made battery.

There is 1 retail product that I know of that works for sure, the Datel Tool Battery. You can search around the net for it or buy it from your favorite retailer. There are also some people that privately sell pre-made pandora batteries. I suggest you do not buy a battery that is not around the retail cost of a new battery. You may have to pay a little more, but that's to be expected... you're lazy! Wink

Find and buy at your own risk!

Creating the Memory Stick

Materials:
    - Memory stick (128mb to 1gb RETAIL MS. i.e. Sandisk, Sony, etc. Others may work, but I can't guarantee they will.)
    - Total Newbie Installer *6
    - A working PSP to connect to your computer through USB or an MS card reader

Step 1: Download the installer and unpack it. For total noobies that have no knowledge of WinRar see this tutorial by DarkPacMan77.

Step 2: Run the program and follow the on-screen directions.

Installing Your Custom Firmware

Step 1: Insert your modified MS into the PSP.

Step 2: Insert your modified battery.

Step 3: The PSP should automatically turn on and load a menu. I highly suggest you backup your NAND just in case before proceeding. For a video tutorial you can see the install process from my FAT psp. Slim works as well

PSN- Hummerboy--------ID:masterzrum@gmail.com

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=135480 ----PandorasGUI----
    http://masterzrum.googlepages.com/home ----PSP Conversion Into CFW----

Sushruth Sulagod is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Sry Guyz Couldnt get this on the Tut Section
    PSN- Hummerboy--------ID:masterzrum@gmail.com

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=135480 ----PandorasGUI----
    http://masterzrum.googlepages.com/home ----PSP Conversion Into CFW----

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

wow.. this was discovered bout the same time as pandora was discovered. y dont u post a tut on how 2 use pandora battery while u at it -___-
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

azzazil is offline -Hacks Smarty

wow .... this is good ... trying out now .....
    How Dare Win
    This is ten percent luck, Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will, Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain, And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

dude this post is pretty insignificant since bcman does have his hacking slims for noobs thread in the help section and something like this probably wouldn't be moved to the tutorial section. Since there are a lot of tutorials on this already.

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

we know how to make pandoras already. stop making new tuts. dont be a HERO. buy the way theres no point in making a switchable pandora tut. here's a tut that was made a while ago. you should quote them not yourself. http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardwar...-hard-mod.html

n00b-hacker is offline -Hacks Member

don't be so harsh on him. I thought it was pretty good
    life & times of my PSP: 1.5 -> 2.71 -> 2.81 -> 3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-C -> 3.51M33-6 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.71 M33 -> **Brick** -> 1.5 -> 3.52 M33-2 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.80 M33 -> 3.80 M33-5

I am nerdier than 37% of all people.
    GO! Messenger: easygliderpenguin

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by n00b-hacker
    don't be so harsh on him. I thought it was pretty good
    its called copy n paste
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!