Thread: Stick it to Sony.

clockworkengine is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'd like to request a serious discussion for a second, or several days, regarding the overall view toward the customization of the psp. I've often seen comments from homebrew end-users which laud the failure of Sony to protect the system from unauthorized reprogramming. Moreover, these comments tend to regard highly not only that failure, but also the failure and demerit of the corporation itself.
    I would point out, just for the sake of philosophical discussion, that we end-users would have nothing for the psp if there were no psp. The notion of playa-hatin' on the Shinra, err... Sony Electric Power Company... while simultaneously using it's product (and to entertaining result) seems sort of anarchical when applied against fairly simple yet highly enduring logic.
    Thankfully, the various homebrewers that we have today chose to develop the psp into a more functional device. But the ultimate envisioning of the psp surely involves the complete removal of the footprint of Sony from the device. Why, then, would a person choose to hold Sony accountable to the system?

It's just a question of philosophy, and the answer of course should be as unbiased as you can concieve.

http://www.myspace.com/clockworkengine
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________

robbiesonic3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Maybe becase they cant remove the sony logo and also they made the psp.
    Once i had all the hot chicks now eggman scared them all away that ass hole now im always busy all the time with my friends i was tired so i started making staff for psp and become the homebrew master i own a slim m33 3.90.

clockworkengine is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes but essentially the psp is a computer with a screen and a 333mhz processor. With sony programming it is a psp, but without, it's whatever the user makes it. It may be still able to run psp games, but it will no longer conform to the specific standards of what a psp is. I mean, of course it is still a psp, but we've strayed long ago (which is a good thing, of course) from what Sony intended.
    Of course it's ludicrous to suggest calling these homebrew developers for technical support, but you get my point.
    Using that logic it is easy to suggest that it is better to customize a psp if a user knows how, and that what that user does from then on should be only his or her responsibility. Everyone knows that, because it's part of the warranty guidelines, which brings me to the point of the whole discussion: knowing all this do you think it's appropriate to place Sony on the defensive rather than just accepting the hack and thereby acknowledge that it is no longer their criticism to bear?
    http://www.myspace.com/clockworkengine
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

good question

they say f-sony, yet they use homebrew on a sony product, ect...

robbiesonic3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Will they try to stop hackers from doing anything fun the battery is the great hack that installs cfw.
    Once i had all the hot chicks now eggman scared them all away that ass hole now im always busy all the time with my friends i was tired so i started making staff for psp and become the homebrew master i own a slim m33 3.90.