Thread: Older CFWs on new OFWs

Shiftlock is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I decided to put this in the general category so it wouldnt get lost in the vast "god help me please!!!" jungle of the help section and because i thouhgt that this would be more of a discussion rather than help. im just wondering if anyone knows if older CFWs can be flashed over newer OFWs, 3.90 m33 on sony 3.93. i like that i now get sony firmware with all of the benefits of m33 stuff, so i was wondering if the above mentioned situation would work. sorry if i used any incorrect terminology so dont bash on me. i try

Your head is disappointingly empty.

NBNP is offline -Hacks Ninja

No, it says your firmware is already up to date.
    Besides why would you want to?

Once The Pandora Battery Came, Sony Should Of Just Packed Up And Went Home. WE WIN
    GO! Messenger: NBNP

Shiftlock is offline -Hacks Neophyte

well if sony does something cool (which isnt often anymore) in an update and there isnt a m33 version out for it i want to use the latest m33 FW over the new sony FW. that way i still get the sony stuff with the coolness of CFW
    Your head is disappointingly empty.

Aberdare420 is offline -Hacks Member

You could for instance go from OF 3.93 to CFW 3.90 M33 by use of a Pandora/Magic Memory Card solution. Otherwise as stated above you would be told that your firmware is already up to date if trying to go backwards. ;)