Thread: Emulators

PSP PLUM is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Hello, im gonna be really dum here for a minute, hence my name Plum, a right plum, anyway, im not a noob when it comes to pc's but with psp technology - yes, i would like to know what is an emulator, how you get an emulator, how it works, how you put games on it from old previous consoles and just generally how what why??? any body out there up to the task of answering in english please?? cheers. :D:o

Nathanias is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Emulators basically pretend to be a system, running on another system

a GBA emulator for PSP will let you play gameboy advanced games on your PSP without the need of a gameboy, only gameboy ROMs (.gba)

How it works? It emulates(copies?) the the process of the console itself, but don't quote me on that, i'm not sure.

You just get a working emulator, get the roms, set it up right, run the program and voila! n64, gba, sega, right on the PSP!
    Proud beta tester of both FuSa and BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

..uuhh hi plum...
    if you're so good with pc technology, use google to look up emulators.
    but since your acting 'dum' atm, an emulator is a program that can play old systems.

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

PSP PLUM is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by popopola
    ..uuhh hi plum...
    if you're so good with pc technology, use google to look up emulators.
    but since your acting 'dum' atm, an emulator is a program that can play old systems.
    Well i didnt say 'so good' lol, i was wondering how you get the original game into some sort of file system to then put on psp, how do you rip original games basically??

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

you just find the game on the internet. I can't tell you where.
    I don't know how to rip old school games, but you can find it at google. Then you just put it into the emulator and then put the emulator into your PSP.

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

robbiesonic3 is offline -Hacks Newbie

On youtube you can look it up thats how i find games and how to work them.
    Once i had all the hot chicks now eggman scared them all away that ass hole now im always busy all the time with my friends i was tired so i started making staff for psp and become the homebrew master i own a slim m33 3.90.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

An emulator is a program that pretends to be another machine entirely and basically does whatever that other machine does.

So for instance there are emulators for playstation, gameboy, sega, etc. Once you have the emulator running it'll pretend its that console and run games the same way the console would.

Although it is possible for you to back up your old games from your cartridges/discs, most people just download the games files off of the internet.

Unfortunately most games are still under license, therefor we cant tell you were to download them because this website can get in trouble and taken down.

Sooooooo, just use google to look for your games. Find em, download em, Open them using your emulators, have fun.

Oh btw, you are a noob.
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

40_ounce is offline -Hacks Monk

Here are some emulators for the psp all you need to do is find the roms or games. Just to be clear roms=games.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=118822

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It is easier to download games than rip them yourself.