Thread: n00b Here

RuBiCaNT is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey, my name's Matt and I just bought a PSP last Monday and so far I really like it. I've got a PS3 and an X360 hooked up to a nice 65" HDTV. For as small as the PSP is, the screen is really sharp. Anyway, I am currently reading on hacking this beyotch but I have yet to get a 2nd memory card and battery. I look forward to posting here.

Matt

CadaverTriple6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

make sure to read through the pandora tutorials top to bottom, and make sure you completely understand what you read before you get started, best of luck mate
    Nil Carborundom Illegitimi

PSP Official Glossery: Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverTriple6
    make sure to read through the pandora tutorials top to bottom, and make sure you completely understand what you read before you get started, best of luck mate
    Yeah, no doubt. I am pretty sure I have the process down but there are so many different ways to do it. From what I read I gather this is a birds-eye-view of this process, no?

Create a battery to allow you to boot into "special editing mode"
    Create a hacked memory stick
    Flash the boot firmware for the PSP with the modified one
    Flash the OS firmware for the PSP with the modified one
    Enjoy

Is that about it?

I think I am gonna do it this way. http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=111615

Well, I bought a 4GB Sony Pro Duo (although for the price it has to be a fake) and the 2200mAH extended battery. Let the games begin when they arrive.

im not 100% on this but i think using a fake stick may prove to be problem matic, then again i've been lucky enough to work with phat psp's before the ta86 motherboards, so i never actually used pandora but historically fake sticks have been problematic to say the least.

if you want to make a set of pandora tools i believe you only need a 256 mb stick, and their dirt cheap, that way you know its real.

also theres a third party battery tool, but unfortuanetly i cant remeber the name, i wanna say daxtel battery tool but i think thats wrong check through the help threads for pandora, its in there some where, and it is essentially a pandora battery no flashing needed.

but like i said i dont think that was the name but it was very similar to that, check the older pandora threads i know it's in there somewhere

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

here's its confirm to work with fake sticks http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=136070

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

it was called datel battery tool heres a link:

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/c...ry-p-2676.html