Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official PSP-Hacks Glossary

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Did I make any? Sorry, but can you point them out? My english should be better than that... hell, it's the only language I speak :p
    When did you come back? I haven't seen you here for a while osnap
    slight errors such as bricked psp or illegal instead of illegeal. Hard to notice before it was easy to before must have fixed them after I posted.
    I was here but not for the past week. I was busy with the theme section and chat. Now since I notice that some questions were either being unanswered or being answered incorrectly I decided to be the help addict I was before but not as great as BCman's addiction. :lol:

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by osnap1584
    Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Did I make any? Sorry, but can you point them out? My english should be better than that... hell, it's the only language I speak :p
    When did you come back? I haven't seen you here for a while osnap
    slight errors such as bricked psp or illegal instead of illegeal. Hard to notice before it was easy to before must have fixed them after I posted.
    I was here but not for the past week. I was busy with the theme section and chat. Now since I notice that some questions were either being unanswered or being answered incorrectly I decided to be the help addict I was before but not as great as BCman's addiction. :lol:
    Well:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal
    I spelt illegal right...

But yeah, I'll have a read over the whole thing sooner or later. By the next "update" I do

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

ROM - A ROM is a file which can be accessed, but not modified easily. This format is used interchangeably to discuss old games on other consoles, for example, NES games will be mentioned as ROMs. When people are discussing ROMs, it could refer to any older game. However, just like the ISO, it is legal to discuss ROMs, but illeagal to provide links to them or to distribute them.
    but like I said slight errors hard to see

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

A rom is basically a copy of any cartridge type media, an ISO is a copy of a disk type format.

Thanks a lot! I'll update both entries in a minute

EDIT: Updated to include Cadaver's suggestions.

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

CadaverTriple6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ned i know you got a lotta work ahead of you so heres some definitions :bucktooth:

REMOTEJOY - a PC application that allows you to veiw your PSP on your computer's monitor via a USB cable. remotejoy requires usbhostfs as well as libusb0.sys in order to function. If your PC and TV have matching ports you can connect to your television thearetically.

WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP) & WPA-PSK (AES) - listed from weakest (WEP) to strongest (AES) WEP,TKIP & AES are the three common security encryptions used by commercial routers. Encryption is used by your router so others cannot access your network with out the digital KEY code, found on the bottom of your router, or which you create using your routers home page.

AD-HOC - a form of localized wifi access between two or more PSPs, in order to use ad-hoc you must be within approx. 100 feet of the other PSPs you intend to link with.

INFRASTRUCTURE - when refering to the PSP, it is the method used to connect via wifi to the internet. In a larger sence infrastructure refers to the electricity,water, internet, phone, satalite, traffic, & other civilized services

GUI - Graphical User Interface, a shell that allows programs to use icons, pictures & animations instead of command prompt lines. Windows is an iconic example of a GUI, your PSP menu is a GUI, your RECOVERY MENU is not.
    Nil Carborundom Illegitimi

PSP Official Glossery: Click Here

PSdonkey is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Nice but you should also add download links for some of them like custom firmware and ultimate pandora battery and others. Keep it updated and it might get stickied
    Obey Beaker. That is all.

Spoiler:
    Want to become a PSP Dev the easy way? Check out my tutorial for the PSP here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...orial-t152466/
    Want to learn how to create your own games on the PSP? Check out my tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141...-your-t153653/
    Want to learn how to program C++ ? Check out that tutorial here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f124...ram-c-t122337/

CadaverTriple6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

*firmware list removed by user*
    Nil Carborundom Illegitimi

PSP Official Glossery: Click Here

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Instead of 3.93 under 3.90, for example, you could put:

3.90 [3.93, 3.95] - The Nineteenth Official Update. Includes Skype (for Slims) and Go! Messenger

Thanks a lot! I'm wondering how I should do the firmware list. It seems long tp put along with the rest of th guide. I want to link it under the Firmware section somewhow, but I'm not completly sure how to do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by PSdonkey
    Nice but you should also add download links for some of them like custom firmware and ultimate pandora battery and others. Keep it updated and it might get stickied
    I've been pointing people towards the tutorial section, but yeah. Links would be helpful. Quick links to the Ultimate Downgrading guide, UPMS... I'll get on that too

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast