Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hmm downloading directly off youtube!

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

i know youtube videos comes in 2 formats, 1 is flv and the other is mp4 cause apple and youtube made a deal, i recently got a ipot touch, now from wat iknow, ipod directly streams the mp4 off youtube and plays it. now there is a another app call mxtube on itouch which exploits this, it basically downloads the mp4 instead of streaming it. now i guess we can do the same thing with psp, since psp plays only mp4, we can get youtube videos downloaded off it directly and watch it later. i know psptube works pretty good now. its just the fact of contactin youtube through psp and get that mp4 video. what do u think

PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Umm.. its simple really get a link of the video you want, go onto one of those online flv converters and download it straight to your PSP.

Grieco is offline -Hacks Newbie

This website lets u download the File to ur comp and the site has ay converter on it but i dont know if it will convert for psp! http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Rep is onto something though. PC>PSP been done thousands of times, but straight on PSP is a good idea. If any devs want to look into is this can turn into a very nice brew app.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Wait, can't you directly download the video with PSPtube?

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

that's a pretty good idea.
    I don't own an Ipod touch, but does it save the mp4 onto the Ipod? or will it download it for you to watch then delete it automatically?
    because If we had to download the video it would somehow have to safe on the video folder.

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    Dunno, can you?
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

xeno is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra
    Dunno, can you?
    Yes, you can, I do it sometimes with some video's that cant be found elsewhere...

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by xeno
    Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra
    Dunno, can you?
    Yes, you can, I do it sometimes with some video's that cant be found elsewhere...
    hmm... lol i havent used the latest version of psptube... -___- can someone else confirm...

lol, what i meant was, Youtube stores all its video on 2 formats.. one is FLV and the other is MP4.. the reason itouch is able to play youtube video directly is because it streams the mp4 from the youtube server. Now there is a homebrew called MXtube for hacked ipod touch. which basically downloads the mp4 instead of streaming it. basically we can have the same thing.. should be fairly easy, consider we can already play youtube.....hmm come think of it, PSPtube might already streaming the mp4 videos.. cause i dont think it does the coversion of flv on spot lol... someone confirm the features of psptube here
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

n00b-hacker is offline -Hacks Member

Goto zamzar.com and choose download video. Pretty self explainitory from there.
    life & times of my PSP: 1.5 -> 2.71 -> 2.81 -> 3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-C -> 3.51M33-6 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.71 M33 -> **Brick** -> 1.5 -> 3.52 M33-2 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.80 M33 -> 3.80 M33-5

I am nerdier than 37% of all people.
    GO! Messenger: easygliderpenguin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast