Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To many eyes on your privacy area!

BamaTide is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey to let everyone know. Yesterday Grande told me i was downloading "stuff"i.s.o for my PSP. HMMMMMMM isnt that kinda nosey? they also said if i download more stuff that they can disconnect my service. What can i do? comcast is in deep shyt with bittorrent. What i do on my pc is personal, maybe i like looking at myself :P, well anyways just to make a comment. Post a reply PLz.

lyingit is offline -Hacks Member

wait...

your complaining that your ISP is notifying you that you're breaking copyright law?

and comcast fucks with bittorrent traffic, but after their most recent changes, I do believe they are well within' their rights now.

regardless, I wouldn't worry about a stage 1 letter - after you get the certified letter, the one that basically tells you to go get a lawyer, then worry...

but I love when theives bitch about their ISP sending them the letter...

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

comcast has alway been a bitch about torrents. that why i dont use torrents anymore. try just downloading isos using megaupload or sendspace. yea its harder and slower but they cant really do much when they see you downloading random rar files.

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

just use utorrent and hit "force encryption" and it nearly always solves it with comcast. And what you download on your own internet shit isn't your ISP's bussiness but they're also spying when you read email,etc. I'd get another ISP and tell that one to fuck off.

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's not nosey. They have the right to monitor your downloads. :|

CadaverTriple6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

definatly listen to drmadcow, and while your hitting the force encryption be sure to un-check the box next to allow incoming legacy connections.(this way you wont except traffic unless its encrypted - just an extra step to cover all your bases)

i have comcast cable and as long as i encrypt all my utorrent traffic they dont know what it is, so they dont limit it or send me letters about it.
    Nil Carborundom Illegitimi

PSP Official Glossery: Click Here

CadaverTriple6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

that right you speak of is definately an invasion of privacy, if the post office opened and read my mail thats a federal offense, if the police or gov't tapped my phone lines without cause it would be inadmissable in court and grounds for a lawsuit, but if my isp opens and reads my net transmissions its good business practice.

thats a crock a shit handed down from the media industry and thats about it.
    Nil Carborundom Illegitimi

PSP Official Glossery: Click Here

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Well, that post was meant to be sarcastic, but the smiley kinda killed it.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Take drmadcow's advise get utorrent / force encryption and get a recent IPfilter.dat file to stop a lot of the anti piracy groups from connecting to your PC and reporting you to your ISP
    Also don't use public trackers .... sign up to a private tracker build up a good share ratio and use the ratio to get invites to other private trackers
    ;) Or find another way of downloading eg Rapidshare / megaupload / Newsgroups etc

They will probably send you 3 letters before they take any action .... but that's the risk you take

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Get PeerGuardian 2

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast