The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories Cheat Device

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

This is a guide for installing and using gtavcs cheat device on all M33 versions. For those of you who do not know what gtavcs cheat device is, it is an application that allows you to do various things in the game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, including hover cars, extreme boost in cars, flying around, spawn vehicles, infinite life and armor, infinite ammo, all weapons, and the list goes on and on. Credit goes to Edison Carter for creating this beautiful piece of work, Dark_Alex for all the custom firmwares, and this site for being the best on the web.

Step 1: Download this: http://www.cheatdevice.com/gta/VCSCheatDevice24.zip

Step 2: go to your psp drive and then to the seplugins folder. If you don't have one create it EXAMPLE: F:\seplugins. Copy the file vcscheatdevice371.prx to the seplugins folder, but rename it with the version the matches your firmware. EXAMPLE: vcscheatdevice390.prx.

Step 3: In the seplugins folder, either create or go to the game.txt document and paste this: ms0:/seplugins/vcscheatdevice3xx.prx (3xx being your firmware version). Save and close the document.

Step 4: Wait about 30 seconds, then disconnect your psp and shut it all the way off. Boot to the Recovery Menu by holding R while turning the psp back on. Go down to advanced options and make sure Plain Modules in UMD/ISO is enabled. Go back. Go to plugins and enable vcscheatdevice3xx.prx.

Step 5: Boot up your GTA game and see if it worked. The cheat menu should automatically appear when the load screen nears the end. To open/close the menu press R and up or down.

Step 6: the app already has cheats installed, but there are user-made cheats. In the download, copy the the text file named "topcheats.txt" and copy it. Go to psp drive and create a folder named "cheats" on mem stick root. Inside create another folder named VCS. Finally inside paste the text file. Also note that more cheats are being made every day, and you can find them here: http://www.cheatsync.net/

NOTES:

I have only tested this with 3.80 M33-5 and all the 3.90 M33 firmwares (updates 1-3)

I have not tested the ISO/CSO version, so I apologize if this app doesn't work for you.

Be careful not to enable too many cheats at once. Try to keep it around 5 to 6 cheats enabled at once, or you're game might freeze and shut itself off.

Problem I have come to face is spawning vehicles. Vehicle spawns, but when I try to get in, the game freezes and shuts off.

HELP:

If the prx file does not appear in the plugins menu in the recovery mode, try using the second file inside the earlier download, named "vcscheatdevice.prx" Make sure you have your firmware number before the .prx part.

Make sure you have the right text inside game.txt. EXAMPLE: ms0:/seplugins/vcscheatdevice390.prx

Hope this helps anyone looking forward to potential hours of fun. Makes the game 100% better and more enjoyable.

Or if some of you are lazy, here is the download for 100% completion gamesave: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/...auto_vcs_e.zip

Alright all you cheaters out there, enjoy!

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Veteran

1. This is pretty old.

2. What about cheats. That one small detail you forgot. :paranoid:

3. Some one had already made a tutorial on this a while back.

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mattrey94
    1. This is pretty old.

2. What about cheats. That one small detail you forgot. :paranoid:

3. Some one had already made a tutorial on this a while back.
    yeah, it was me that made the old post. I wanted to redo it to make it more clear. but me being a dumbass didn't put the most crucial info. I'll edit it right now

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Veteran

thats a little better. you should also include a link to cheats. it should be on the site where you download the cheat device from.

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

great tutorial that game was sweet

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

I have this working on 3.90M33-2 but when i upgraded to -3(ignore my signiture), it worked for a while then stopped. yes i did put 390 at the back, yes i have used this before and i have both umd and iso of vcs (iso is a rip from my umd [to cut loading times]). And oh yeah, when someone uses an iso or cso, the gameplay starts for a few seconds before the menu comes out. so update your tut and put that in. And, yeah. i still want help for the above problem...

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

The latest compatiblity CheatDevice will officially have is 3.71 M33 i believe.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter