Thread: Good god, what have I been missing??

CrimsonShinobi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hooooly crap. I haven't stopped by here in a while due to life getting in the way n' such, and lo and behold, when I decide to dust off my psp and treat it to something cool, I come back here and BAM! I get a big roundhouse kick of WTF to the face when I realize all that I've missed out on. Hell, back when I was around, 3.30 OE-A was the newest and coolest thing, which is what my PSP is on now. Next thing I know, I see 3.70 and Skype and all kinds of craziness in the Custom Themes section.

So PSP-Hacks....refresh me, will ya? Tell me what I've missed out on and whether I should go ahead and upgrade to 3.70 or not. Lemme know the perks and, if any, the cons of upgrading from my precious 3.30 OE-A.

Countin' on ya.

m00nd0g is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Upgrade to 3.9 M33-3 it has all of the latest features from sony firmware, a built in cso and iso loader, the ability to play PSX game and use any version pops via 2.8 popsloader. Plus you can load the 1.5 kernel for homebrew support, built in UMD ripping, USB flash mounting. It does everything your current firmware does plus more and it does it all by default. Plus you need to upgrade to launch newer games like crises core and god of war.

There are no cons.

Upgrade for you is super easy to. Grab an easy installer for 3.52 M33 then update to 3.53 M33-4 and then grab an easy installer for 3.9 M33-3 and you are there in a total of 10-15 min at most.

CXMB is the latest theme loader. It gives the user the ability to change the entire look of the PSP and do it all from the MS, so there is no more change the files in flash 0 to change the theme. It all comes packaged in a nice .ctf file and you have a new theme. Lots has changed, and it is all for the better. So waste no time and update today.

40_ounce is offline -Hacks Monk

Upgrade to 3.90m33-3 my friend.......
    Get some new homebrew and some games and have fun.....

gregerson316 is offline -Hacks Guru

But youll have to upgrade to 3.51 M33 first to get to 3.90 M33. Also, any FW after 3.80 M33 can update to CFW via the Network Update.
    WHERE WRESTLING MATTERS!

Well I guess that cinches it. I just downloaded both 3.52 M33 and 3.90 M33 installers and Im looking now to make sure I've got everything I need. Am I gonna have to downgrade to somethin' first or just go straight from 3.30 OE-A to 3.52 M33 and then to 3.90 M33? I've been looking for tut's for my specific case, but they're all guides referring to a brand new PSP to CFW. Just trying to make sure I dont brick my baby, thats all. Lol. Point me in the direction of a proper tut if Im lookin' in the wrong places

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

The readmes are your tutorials.

3.30 OE-A > 3.52 M33 > 3.52 M33-4 > 3.90 M33-3

When updating from 3.30 OE to 3.52 M33, run the updater under the 1.50 kernel. Same goes when updating to 3.52 M33-4. Now, when going to 3.90 M33-3, make sure you run the updater under the 3.xx kernel. When you launch it under the 3.xx kernel, hold L + Triangle until it says "Verifying 390.PBP". When it does, wait, and follow instructions on your screen. Now, afterwards, just sit back and watch your baby rewrite itself with more sexier stuff. (Yeah, you see the Sony updater. Don't freak. It's normal. You don't like it, wait for 4.00 M33 ;) )

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Thanks, Im about to go at it now. I saw the readme's, but they dont get as detailed as I'd like. And I dont remember seeing everything you just said in the readme's either, so Im glad ya mentioned it.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

To me, the readmes are written just as if they were intended for developers.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Just finished. That was probably the easiest thing I've done for my PSP in a long time, lol. Thanks a mill for your help. I'll name my kids after ya.:mrgreen: