Thread: PSP outsells 360

pslayer666 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i've noticed a lot of talk lately about how sony is abandoning the PSP and that it's in its final days, etc etc... from what it seems tho, PSP sales have never been better, as seen at this article from IGN http://psp.ign.com/articles/874/874534p1.html

Sounds to me the psp is doing great and we shouldn't really worry about Sony pulling the plug on us.

As for games, more will come soon, remember people, it's quality > quantity... :D :twothumbs:

The NPD Group released April 2008 sales figures today, and Sony had another solid month of system sales across all three platforms. The PSP was the biggest seller from Sony, selling almost 193,000 hardware units. The PSP was buoyed by the sales of God of War: Chains of Olympus and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which were the top selling software titles on the handheld.

While the PSP outsold the Xbox 360, the PS3 did almost as well, moving just over 187,000 units.

mklem3 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I hope that developers start seeing how well the PSP is doing and release more great games like final fantasy Crisis core and God of War. To be honest I barely play my PSP because I find the games are too short and just boring

pslayer666 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mklem3
    I hope that developers start seeing how well the PSP is doing and release more great games like final fantasy Crisis core and God of War. To be honest I barely play my PSP because I find the games are too short and just boring
    well, the main purpose of a portable gaming device is to make gamers able to enjoy video games on the move. In the bus or the tube on the way to work each morning, when travelling, when on holiday somewhere away from home and when you're bored at work and have nothing better to do.

so basically developers try making games that do not require a lot of time devoted to them to play.

Last week I was traveling away from home, and my psp was the best thing to have with me during the long flight and during the boring visits over at my wife's relatives and shit. I also found that the simpler games, like Arcade emulators, Crash and echochrome were more enjoyable played in that context.

When at home tho, I find games like God of War, which have some continuity in them to be more enjoyable.

Either way, hopefully developers will pick up on these impressive sale numbers and give us more quality games in both categories and make everyone happy!!! :mrgreenthumbsup: