Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 GB Ultra II Memory Stick PRO Duo for $40

stealth_assassin is offline -Hacks Newbie

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory...1044856&sr=8-3

Some say there is a noticeable speed boost and some say here isn't but technically there should be.

I'm considering buying this. Opinions?

zergslayer69 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I bought one of those before and ran that blackspeed whatever program. Read was about 15 megs/sec and write was roughly 10 megs/sec. Hopefully memory serves me right. However I didn't notice any huge gains in games when comparing that to a fake mem stick. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Neutrino is offline -Hacks Ninja

You will notice the biggest difference only when transferring files to and from the Memory Stick. I didn't notice any gameplay differences, when compared with a standard MS.

I wonder if any difference will be noticable in heavy loading games like monster hunter or grand theft auto.

In Monster Hunter, not really, because if you use all of the pre-loading features naturally supported by the game, loading times are already near non-existent.

pre loading features? The only one I can think of is the one that recommends you to keep your psp hooked to ac power. Is that the one you were talking about or are there more features?

40_ounce is offline -Hacks Monk

Thats a good price, but some have reported getting fake memory sticks from amazon. I bought 2 2gig sticks that were real magicgate supported so I would gamble and buy it.

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 40_ounce
    Thats a good price, but some have reported getting fake memory sticks from amazon. I bought 2 2gig sticks that were real magicgate supported so I would gamble and buy it.
    that is from the amazon marketplace

I just ordered the 8gb ultra II from amazon (blueproton to be exact). Ordered like on Friday, got it today (Monday). Magicgate is supported. it was 79 + 5 dollar shipping. Right now it's 85 with free shipping so yeap, it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69
    pre loading features? The only one I can think of is the one that recommends you to keep your psp hooked to ac power. Is that the one you were talking about or are there more features?
    The newest instalment offers you the ability to write the game data files onto the Memory Stick, at the cost of around 600MB of space.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast