Thread: Hardwire Memory Stick?

crazybuck is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just remembered that my Mp3 player can be an External HD. So I was thinking, could someone hardwire a blank (as in no internals) pro memory stick duo to a usb cable, then create a howebrew to be able to read the information coming in. I highly doubt I would do it given the fact that I do not know about wiring five pins to 10, or anything about writing programs, I just hought it would be a cool idea.

I may be a newbie but I actually read all of your tutorials before doing anything.

I don\'t always follow the tutorials but at least I read them so I know whats going on
    when I mess something up.

instant is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

thanks, i'll keep looking
    I may be a newbie but I actually read all of your tutorials before doing anything.

I don\'t always follow the tutorials but at least I read them so I know whats going on

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Well, we have USBHost, which works in kind of the same way. You connect a cable from your PSP to your PSP, and if you have everything set up right, your PSP will read files as if they were on the memory stick. In this way, you can hold 2TB of data! (If you have a 2TB HDD)

Only problem is you're limited by the length of the cable.

This works with Wifi too under IRShell

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Well i was looking for a portable / no computer-based transferring system.I have a Creative Zen touch that can act as an external HD and I was wondering if i could transfer files from the player to the PSP. I was also wondering how could someone hardwire the USB to a memory stick. I guess one company did it but that is not what I was thinking of.