Thread: Suggestion for software installation repository

sldsnk is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi all,

I'm not sure how everyone is familiar with the iPhone, but on a hacked iPhone (jailbroken is the term) there is a program called Installer.app (http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/). What it is does simply is that it holds an index of iPhone applications and if you want to install any app all you need to do is click the install button and the program downloads/extracts/installs. I really have no experience with PSP programming but is such an idea feasible? I'm hoping that we eliminate the need of having a PC around whenever we want to install or update homebrew.

thanks for stopping by!

RolandHazoto is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by sldsnk
    Hi all,

I'm not sure how everyone is familiar with the iPhone, but on a hacked iPhone (jailbroken is the term) there is a program called Installer.app (http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/). What it is does simply is that it holds an index of iPhone applications and if you want to install any app all you need to do is click the install button and the program downloads/extracts/installs. I really have no experience with PSP programming but is such an idea feasible? I'm hoping that we eliminate the need of having a PC around whenever we want to install or update homebrew.

thanks for stopping by!
    Actually if you can manage IrShell, yes it is possible! Just not that simple...
    I didn't have a computer for 3 months...
    During that time I used IrShell (3.40 days pre-M33) to download .zip files all the time and then I would again use IrShell to move the to the appropriate folders once unzipped..
    Silver CAMY PRO GEAR™ DUAL INJECTION PSP™ faceplate: Hell Skull
    5.00m33-2 w/ 1.50kernel addon, 8Gb Card
    4Gb Card, 32Mb Card
    1Gb Card (primarily used for downgrading)