Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sony fighting the pandora, sevice mode.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

if sony really wanted people to not hack the psp now. wouldn't all they have to do is change what the psp's motherboard reads off the battery in order for it to go into sevice mode? that would work as a temp fix right?
    they could go all out and just not make a service mode for the psp at all.. idk to much about hardware and that stuff. i was just wondering.

what do you guys think?

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

well pandora battery was the way Sony used to help bricked PSP's or glitches in a PSP

So unless Sony invents a new way to help unbrick PSP's, they are check mated.

yea but for the psp to enter service mode, it reads a special serial of the battery's eprom. right? so for at least a tempoary fix, couldn't they just change the serial the motherboard has to read?

but2002 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Or they could ditch the battery method, and find another way to initiate the service mode, such as a device that plugs into the headphone jack or something

RazorChrist is offline -Hacks Smarty

They could also come up with a proprietary tool that enables service mode and reconfigure the battery to NOT enable service mode. That way they would be the only ones with the service mode tool and that would disable the function from the battery. It would also negate the ability to use an older battery that is already pandorized, as the PSP would no longer use the battery to enable service mode.

The point is, there are things Sony could do to change this feature and screw us all up, and I'm sure they know it as well. But they either don't care that much because PSP is dying out, or they're not willing to spend the resources to proceed.

PS2 = Softmodded Slim w/ Free MCBoot v1.8b
    PSP = Phat 5.00 m33-6 w/ 1.50 Kernel Addon
    WII = Softmodded v4.1u w/ HBC v1.0.8 + USBConfig Loader v56 + 300gb External Drive

yea, i think sony is really stupid when it comes to fighting the pandora.. that or they like the sales increase lol. either way, it seems like it wouldn't be all that hard to make a pandora proof mobo. if they decide to actually stop the pandora then i hope they wait untill i get my slim lol.

*edit*
    also, seems they woulda made a pandora proff mobo for the slim, when they were already spending money to develop the new hardware anyway.. hmm. odd kinda, i wonder what they're thinking?

EasliyConfused is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Sony is stupid period they could alot of stuff but they just don't have the brains

RASHID is offline -Hacks Member

some ppl buy a psp just for the Custom stuff if sony blocked that thing less ppl are going to buy psp that means losing mony for sony
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sorry For The Spelling<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    try my forum>>>>>>>>> http://z7.invisionfree.com/Devil_Hack/index.php <<<<<<<<<<
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The forum is fully updated try it now<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Need Help ADD Me On >>> Rashidragon_two@hotmail.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke
    if sony really wanted people to not hack the psp now. wouldn't all they have to do is change what the psp's motherboard reads off the battery in order for it to go into sevice mode? that would work as a temp fix right?
    they could go all out and just not make a service mode for the psp at all.. idk to much about hardware and that stuff. i was just wondering.

what do you guys think?
    The EEPROM controls what order everything loads in so if they just change it, we can just experiment until we get the ipl to read off the MS instead of flash0.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke

what do you guys think?
    The EEPROM controls what order everything loads in so if they just change it, we can just experiment until we get the ipl to read off the MS instead of flash0.
    right, thats why i said "temp" fix.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast