Thread: is there a tm ipl floating around somewhere.. read to see what i mean.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

so for the pandora, the regular ipl, you can just grab that online.. but the ipl for timemachine is inside the installer eboot.. so i don't have access to it.. (why do i feel like i posted something like this b4...?? maybe i was high. w/e) so does somebody have a way to get the ipl? like the msipl.bin, exept the timemachine ipl. the only thing the installer willlet you do is write it to the boot sector of the stick or whatever... which is not what i need right now. :sigh:

trust me tho, there is a purpose for why i ask this.

Nathanias is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Just how important is this to you? I have TM installed on my PSP and if you really need it I'll get it O_O
    Proud beta tester of both FuSa and BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE

Nathanias is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Er.... nevermind I probably don't know what I'm talking about
    Proud beta tester of both FuSa and BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanias
    Er.... nevermind I probably don't know what I'm talking about
    ehh, no biggie.

anyone else?

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke
    so for the pandora, the regular ipl, you can just grab that online.. but the ipl for timemachine is inside the installer eboot.. so i don't have access to it.. (why do i feel like i posted something like this b4...?? maybe i was high. w/e) so does somebody have a way to get the ipl? like the msipl.bin, exept the timemachine ipl. the only thing the installer willlet you do is write it to the boot sector of the stick or whatever... which is not what i need right now. :sigh:

What purpose?

There is no IPL inside the time machine eboot. If there were an IPL it would be in DATA.PSAR, which doesn't exist in the eboot, and there are no prx in DATA.PSP.

That's why Time Machine requires Pandora.

Time Machine takes the Pandora's IPL, and converts it to the new, and smaller Time Machine's format and installs this in the psp's ms boot sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs1968
    Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke

What purpose?

There is no IPL inside the time machine eboot. If there were an IPL it would be in DATA.PSAR, which doesn't exist in the eboot.

That's why Time Machine requires Pandora.

Time Machine takes the Pandora's IPL, and converts it to the new, and smaller Time Machine's format and installs this in the psp's ms boot sector.
    well either way..

do you know how to change a normal ipl into timemachine format? maybe through hex editing?

my reason is this..

its easy to put an ipl on the boot sector of a memory stick with the many pc apps that let you do so..

but lets say that a slim owner corrupts his nand and has to repartition it with nand tool.

using upms as the pandora, on a fat psp if you did that all you would have to do is go to options, then nand tool.. blah.. then repartition lflash..

however on a slim, the only way i can think of to do it is you have to be able to boot into 1.50(through time machine) and load elf launcher, or whatever it was, then launch nandtool.elf in order to use nand tool.. otherwise it just freezes if you try to do it the same way you would on a fat.

(i freakin hat typing long ass things............. AAAAAAAAHHHHHH)

so the point of all this is, if your a slim owner, and you don't hve the timemachine ipl on your stick... you screwed. unless you have access to a non bricked psp.

see what im getting at??

anyway i think im about to go to a firework show thing. so bbl.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I believe i read something over at lan.st

I'm going to see the fireworks, too. And get drunk.

bbl.

ok, back.. i would be drunk.. stoned.. everything right now, buuuuuuut i love my girl and she don't like that kinda sh*t. so i quit.

fireworks sucked..

EDIT:

yea this thread is old.. but i needed to correct my mistake really quick. i said tm ipl, what i ment was iplloader.... :sigh:

but w/e i thought of a very simple solution to my problem anyway. :mrgreenthumbsup: