Thread: "Legacy" homebrew on psp-hacks.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

awhile ago i wanted to take a look back in time, so to speak, so i went to homebrew downloads on psp-hacks.com, then i went to the last page but all the old stuff seems to not work anymore. my psp will either say its a corrupt file or it will just not work.

like i tried the first irshell, just to see what it was like. i even now just tried it again, downloaded irshell v1.1 and extracted it, put it in game150, 2 corrupt files.. :sigh: so i was wondering, why is it corrupt?
    did the data just magically die over time?

i even tried some other homebrew on official firmware 1.50.. still corrupt, then i even downgraded my psp to 1.00 just for the hell of it and tried again. no luck.

well, i was just wondering.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Sony has implemented security that displays certain known homebrew as corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs1968
    that...is....lame...

so if i change the name of it or something with pbp unpacker then any chance it would work?(guessing no..)

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs1968
    that...is....lame...

so if i change the name of it or something with pbp unpacker then any chance it would work?(guessing no..)
    No is correct.

I don't see why you would want to do it, since most of the older hombrew that sony has implemented security on are obsolete (such as fastloader, not needed since iso loading is part of the firmware), and most of the other homebrew applications and emulators have been ported to run on the current kernels.

slaphappygamer is offline -Hacks Guru

ive tried that with laserix2 and i have no luck. get it at http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17175 and try for yourslef. i wish there was a program that one could "run" old homebrew through and it would magically be converted to 3.xx kernel. this game, i think, is alot of fun and i can now only play it on irshell, if i go back to 3.90m333.
    my psp is my bitch

well, i just like to see how far things have come since the original release.. idk why, just something i like to do. :|

Quote Originally Posted by slaphappygamer
    ive tried that with laserix2 and i have no luck. get it at http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17175 and try for yourslef. i wish there was a program that one could "run" old homebrew through and it would magically be converted to 3.xx kernel. this game, i think, is alot of fun and i can now only play it on irshell, if i go back to 3.90m333.
    It's unfortunate laserix2 was never ported.

You should be able to get it running with TM or eloader though.

slaphappygamer is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah i can get it to load with TM, but not eloader. that game is hours of stoney fun. i made it to level 22, i think.
    my psp is my bitch