Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: does the 4.01 m33 have the fatmod?

  
  1. #1
    loner2 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok 3.90 m33 needed the fatmod for the psp to read the memory stick fast.

    i did not have 3.90 m33 i was on a lower CFW. i skip to 4.01 m33. does it have it or should i downgrade


  2. #2
    Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,778
    Rep Power
    290

    Default

    Yes, there is a guide on how to do it in the Hacks, Cracks and Mods section

  3. #3
    theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Endless Graveyard
    Posts
    5,026
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loner2
    ok 3.90 m33 needed the fatmod for the psp to read the memory stick fast.

    i did not have 3.90 m33 i was on a lower CFW. i skip to 4.01 m33. does it have it or should i downgrade
    yeah but some guy used the fatsmod371.prx and it semi-bricked his shit several times

  4. #4
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    There's no need for the fatmsmod.prx patch.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  5. #5
    droe6's Avatar
    droe6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dayton, TX
    Posts
    493
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It does boost the speed a little, but you don't HAVE to have it. It's easy though so go for it.
    Interested in my games or my friends games?

    www.galanovagames.com

  6. #6
    RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,240
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    There's no need for the fatmsmod.prx patch.
    There isnt a need for it. But as you PM'd me and I answered earlier i ifugred id give some input on it. I have a brand new genuine 4GB Sandisk and without it my icons load slow as crap and i have alot. Its hard to find something when I have to wait. They now load 3 times faster and other read ops happen just a tiny bit faster.

    If you followed my tutorial exactly (which btw i will be updating/dressing up soon pictures and what not) it should work for you read it first then do it. I have posted it on 4 forums I havent had a "real" report of it not working yet.

  7. #7
    Suzuka is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theEvilOne
    Quote Originally Posted by loner2
    ok 3.90 m33 needed the fatmod for the psp to read the memory stick fast.

    i did not have 3.90 m33 i was on a lower CFW. i skip to 4.01 m33. does it have it or should i downgrade
    yeah but some guy used the fatsmod371.prx and it semi-bricked his shit several times
    You have to use the decrypted version

  8. #8
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    There's no need for the fatmsmod.prx patch.
    There isnt a need for it. But as you PM'd me and I answered earlier i ifugred id give some input on it. I have a brand new genuine 4GB Sandisk and without it my icons load slow as crap and i have alot. Its hard to find something when I have to wait. They now load 3 times faster and other read ops happen just a tiny bit faster.

    If you followed my tutorial exactly (which btw i will be updating/dressing up soon pictures and what not) it should work for you read it first then do it. I have posted it on 4 forums I havent had a "real" report of it not working yet.
    Did you have 'Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu' enabled or disabled when you did this? Having it enabled really speeds up times while scrolling through Game/Memory Stick.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  9. #9
    pspjoke's Avatar
    pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,931
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    There's no need for the fatmsmod.prx patch.
    There isnt a need for it. But as you PM'd me and I answered earlier i ifugred id give some input on it. I have a brand new genuine 4GB Sandisk and without it my icons load slow as crap and i have alot. Its hard to find something when I have to wait. They now load 3 times faster and other read ops happen just a tiny bit faster.

    If you followed my tutorial exactly (which btw i will be updating/dressing up soon pictures and what not) it should work for you read it first then do it. I have posted it on 4 forums I havent had a "real" report of it not working yet.
    Did you have 'Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu' enabled or disabled when you did this? Having it enabled really speeds up times while scrolling through Game/Memory Stick.
    i tested it myself(the patch on 4).01, it really speeds up a lot. if you don't have it installed, i recommend it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •