Thread: does the 4.01 m33 have the fatmod?

loner2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

ok 3.90 m33 needed the fatmod for the psp to read the memory stick fast.

i did not have 3.90 m33 i was on a lower CFW. i skip to 4.01 m33. does it have it or should i downgrade

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Yes, there is a guide on how to do it in the Hacks, Cracks and Mods section

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by loner2

i did not have 3.90 m33 i was on a lower CFW. i skip to 4.01 m33. does it have it or should i downgrade
    yeah but some guy used the fatsmod371.prx and it semi-bricked his shit several times

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

There's no need for the fatmsmod.prx patch.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

droe6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It does boost the speed a little, but you don't HAVE to have it. It's easy though so go for it.
    Interested in my games or my friends games?

www.galanovagames.com

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    There isnt a need for it. But as you PM'd me and I answered earlier i ifugred id give some input on it. I have a brand new genuine 4GB Sandisk and without it my icons load slow as crap and i have alot. Its hard to find something when I have to wait. They now load 3 times faster and other read ops happen just a tiny bit faster.

If you followed my tutorial exactly (which btw i will be updating/dressing up soon pictures and what not) it should work for you read it first then do it. I have posted it on 4 forums I havent had a "real" report of it not working yet.

Suzuka is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by theEvilOne
    Quote Originally Posted by loner2

yeah but some guy used the fatsmod371.prx and it semi-bricked his shit several times
    You have to use the decrypted version

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    There isnt a need for it. But as you PM'd me and I answered earlier i ifugred id give some input on it. I have a brand new genuine 4GB Sandisk and without it my icons load slow as crap and i have alot. Its hard to find something when I have to wait. They now load 3 times faster and other read ops happen just a tiny bit faster.

If you followed my tutorial exactly (which btw i will be updating/dressing up soon pictures and what not) it should work for you read it first then do it. I have posted it on 4 forums I havent had a "real" report of it not working yet.
    Did you have 'Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu' enabled or disabled when you did this? Having it enabled really speeds up times while scrolling through Game/Memory Stick.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports

Did you have 'Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu' enabled or disabled when you did this? Having it enabled really speeds up times while scrolling through Game/Memory Stick.
    i tested it myself(the patch on 4).01, it really speeds up a lot. if you don't have it installed, i recommend it.