Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guide to put cfw on ANY psp without buying a Dattel or Pandora battery

Alucard662545 is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK, first things first. This isn't a guide that i wrote, nor do i claim to have written any part of it. I have only cut out some really useless parts and basically I just write most of the guide in my words, not exactly as it is.

OK, now all you need is:
    1) A psp running ANY firmware,
    2)A computer connected to the internet(for downloading a program, I'll explain later),
    3)A USB cable compatible with the psp,
    4)A knife or exact knife(be careful!),
    5)A battery that is not pandora proof(NOTE: works best on Sony batteries, see below in B) for details),
    6)A needle or really thin sharp object

Now, the process consists of two parts:
    1) Making a "magic" memory stick and
    2) Hardmodding the battery

A) MAKING A MAGIC MEMORY STICK
    For this part you need to download a program. The link, after many hours of googling, is here:http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInst...4749/catid/193

Now, let's create that MS.
    First, format the memory stick via psp(NOT COMPUTER). Now, USB connect to your PC and download,if not already, the program. Extract all the files to your desktop and run "start.exe". It is best if you do this on your own computer or a friends and NOT on a common used computer(like internet places and stuff). Follow the on-screen instructions up to the installation screen.Select the 4 option(universal unbricker-3.71 m33 installer)
    Now, put the extracted folders "Kd" and "registry" to the root of your memory stick(that is the very first menu when you access
    the memory stick from your computer). The Magic Memory Stick is ready!!!

B) HARDMODDING THE BATTERY
    This is the tricky part. You need to open the battery and cut out a certain circuit. If done correctly, you will have a Jigkick battery
    (that is a battery which automatically turns on the power on your psp. Of course, it doesn't switches it on, just the power led lights).If done wrong, well, you'll fry the battery.But, I have used this guide and the links myself and it worked out fine, so don't worry at all ;)

Now, the tutorial for making this without screwing up the battery: open the battery using your knife/exact knife. When you hold the battery(closed)you can see a line in the middle of the shorter side of the battery( considering that when you put the battery in the psp
    you see the big side). That line indicates that the plastic is thinner there. I suggest that you just open the plastic by carefully
    opening a corner first, and then use something less sharp, like a guitar pick or something. When you open the battery it will look
    like this:http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...5/DSCF2043.jpg( this is why you should use Sony batteries, they have
    the same interior). Now, take the needle and cut out the little metal wire which is circled in the magnified picture in the above link.You just have to get the needle's head under the wire and pull gently and carefully upwards, with enough strength to cut it from the green board or the side of the chip. When you are done, put the plastic you cut back on top of the board, something like restoring the battery to it's original form, and put it in your psp with no MS inserted. If done correctly, the power LED will now light, and you have succeded.

Now, to run the upgrader: First, plug the power cord into the psp and open it WITHOUT the battery OR the Memory Stick inside. It should start normally.
    Put the MS you created and the battery and switch off the psp( that is holding the power switch up until the psp closes). Now, unplug the psp and open it with the battery and the MS in it. A program-like screen will pop up. If it doesn't, re-create the MS. Now,
    it should say:"To install 3.71 m33 press x" or something like that. Press x and a program will run. DO NOT INTERRUPT IT AT ANY COSTS!!! When it's over, the psp will close. Get the Memory stick and the battery out of the psp and plug in the power cord. Switch on the psp and go to System Information. It will now show "Firmware: 3.71 m33" . You have successfully put Custom Firmware on your psp!!! NOTE: NEVER switch off the psp with the battery inside. You can put it to sleep mode, but don't completely turn it off. Also, after this process, format the MS on your psp without the battery inside, in order to be able to use it again. If you wish, you can buy a new battery, although if you do as i say, this battery you have will work fine. It does for me anyway!!!

ORIGINAL GUIDE WRITTEN BY BEN HECK

P.S: If you liked this guide, or hated it, or just want to ask me anything, contact me at Chaos662545@yahoo.gr
    (Yes, I am Greek)

Nathanias is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I don't think that's actually "softmodding"

softmodding would be simply writing to the EEPROM to make it a pandora, what you are doing is hard-modding
    Proud beta tester of both FuSa and BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanias
    I don't think that's actually "softmodding"

softmodding would be simply writing to the EEPROM to make it a pandora, what you are doing is hard-modding
    thats exactly what i wanted to say.

Fixed

it still says softmodding.. change all softmodding into hardmodding. softmodding = messing with software, hardmodding = messing with hardware. Get it?

Fixed

Generally what do you think? It worked for me twice

if you're not ben heck, which I know you aren't, this guide is just copy pasta..

No, I am not Ben Heck but it is not copy-pasted and you can check on that... Besides, I don't want the credit for this guide, I just found it when I wanted to hack my psp and it helped me, so I post it to help others like myself!!! I note on the top of the guide that it is not mine.

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

looks like something we can find in bcman's how to hack a phat and slim psp guide. :rolleyes:

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast