Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PSP-3000 in the works?

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtop...&#entry1289155

Rumor: PSP 3000 Features Built-In Mic, Already In Production[/b]

Posters on the PSPChina BBS are claiming that Sony is planning on releasing a hardware update to the currently available PSP, model number 2000, one that includes a built-in microphone, updated buttons, a few cosmetic changes and possibly even cell phone support.

As can be seen in the picture above, the Home button on the original and current PSP models is now occupied by a PS button, similar to the one on the PlayStation 3 controller. One could assume that Sony would have made the Home to PS change in an attempt to prevent confusion with its Home service. The purported microphone is to the right of the volume buttons.

More pics after the jump.

Yes, that's a thinner metallic ring on the UMD door. Why that would possibly change, we have little idea. Below is what is said to be the back half of the PSP 3000's plastic casing.

Keep in mind these photos are not confirmed to be the real deal and that they should be considered rumor for now. We'll be following up with Sony to learn more about its PSP plans and get comment on the authenticity of the above photos.

From Kotaku

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

C4
    C4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Soooo, if this rumour is true.... all the slim owners just bought a soon-to-be out of date model? not too sure if I believe it... Phat still rules

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by C4
    Soooo, if this rumour is true.... all the slim owners just bought a soon-to-be out of date model? not too sure if I believe it... Phat still rules
    Its okay PSP-GEN is saying there is another slim that is unhackable. People think its a TA-088 with a different processor. Says its currently in asia but not here.

I have a TA-088 American Model. But doesnt matter the Phat IPL didnt work on the Slim so its not gonna be immediately hackable and theyll be an ass like they did with 3.60 and no eboot to decrypt.

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

it's probably a Pandora fix in disguise.

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

That news about the non pandorable psp came from maxconsoles. Follow the link to see the original post...

but yes it's a new cpu and I'm pretty sure all the blue madden one's will have these new cpu's which suck cause I want a blue one so bad...
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    That news about the non pandorable psp came from maxconsoles. Follow the link to see the original post...

but yes it's a new cpu and I'm pretty sure all the blue madden one's will have these new cpu's which suck cause I want a blue one so bad...
    Thanks i just read it if its the CPU then it sounds like he is right should be able to write a new IPL for it.... eventually.

C4
    C4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

So there's new unhackable slims on the loose... im starting to lose track with all the diff motherboards/cpu's...

Neutrino is offline -Hacks Ninja

...much akin to how Fat users would have bought an out-of-date model when the Slim was originally released.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

im getting bored of all these rumors
    been gone awhile

h3nno is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    Its okay PSP-GEN is saying there is another slim that is unhackable. People think its a TA-088 with a different processor. Says its currently in asia but not here.

I have a TA-088 American Model. But doesnt matter the Phat IPL didnt work on the Slim so its not gonna be immediately hackable and theyll be an ass like they did with 3.60 and no eboot to decrypt.
    Is it a more powerful CPU? any other hardware upgrades? 128mb ram?
    Black fat PSP - OFW 2.50 > OFW 3.03 > GTA:LCS downgrade to 1.50 > CFW 3.90m33-3 w/ 1.5 kernal addon > 4.01m33 > semi-brick > full brick > CFW 3.90m33-3. > 4,01m33-2 w/ 1.5 kernal addon and 4.05 visualizations.

Hacked: 21 Fats 12 Slims.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast