Thread: PSP Trophies?

Robert is offline -Hacks God

So, I was listening to this podcast the other day that mentioned something about the Buzz! Quiz Game, or whatever it's called. Anyway, the point is that in an interview, the project's producer mentioned something along the lines of implementing a "trophy system". The article hints at the possibility of trophy support on the PSP. I have been pretty busy lately, so this may be old news. Note that this is just a rumor as well, but it is definitely interesting. Watch the interview and draw your conclusions:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...ic_id=26492335

During a presentation of Buzz! Master Quiz for the PSP, producer Emerson Escobar described the in-game medal system for the trivia game, which will have over 5,000 questions divided along three levels. "We've implemented a new medal system for bronze, silver, and gold. You basically have to get bronze to move onto the next batch of questions," beamed Escobar.

Then, around the 12-minute mark of this clip, the producer promised something even more interesting. "The cool thing is it isn't just getting the gold medal," he chimed. "We've also implemented a trophy system. Let's say you answer a question within one second, you get a lightning finger trophy. If you answer a question within half a second, you get a supersonic trophy."

When asked if his comments meant that the PSP was getting trophies, Escobar laughed nervously. "Check back with us later," he said, grinning--and then declining to go into further detail.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

well what good would it do the psp? i mean i dont know how much is left to the psp's lifespan but it seems kinda pointless to implement them now
    been gone awhile

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

hmm i wonder if it could mean it works with the ps3 trophies and HOME?

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by almost
    i mean i dont know how much is left to the psp's lifespan but it seems kinda pointless to implement them now
    2015 considering they said 10 year planned lifespan.

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

I'm all for increasing the lifespan of the best games. If only they coulda done this from day 1. All the best games have come and gone and I seriously doubt devs would patch or universally update their games for trophy support :/ :sigh:

I hope this is the standard for gaming in the near future because even I'm playing games longer than I should if there weren't achievements or trophies.

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

instant is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Los
    I'm all for increasing the lifespan of the best games. If only they coulda done this from day 1. All the best games have come and gone and I seriously doubt devs would patch or universally update their games for trophy support :/ :sigh:

I hope this is the standard for gaming in the near future because even I'm playing games longer than I should if there weren't achievements or trophies.

Mario Kart King is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Would be pretty cool for the PSP.

But it is kind of late. If they can crank out another Monster Hunter, God of War, Final Fatasy, then that might help.

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Hmm... I agree that it would be very late for implementing trophies. I myself only use the PSP to play PSP games (UMD rips) only about 15 percent of the time, so for me, trophies = fail. Perhaps on the next Sony handheld........... Erm, IF there is another Sony handheld system.
    \"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"