Thread: psp speaker...

instant is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hmm, I was just wondering this, ut what are the Psp's hardware limits for the speakers. By this i mean, what decibels can it play up to, and what's its frequency range?

40_ounce is offline -Hacks Monk

That info might be in the manual.

EasliyConfused is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

unless you want to ripe off the resister in front of the speaker port. but take my advice they are there for a reason.

folklord36 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by EasliyConfused
    unless you want to ripe off the resister in front of the speaker port. but take my advice they are there for a reason.
    What are you talking about removing that "resistor" (idk what it is but it is not a resistor test it with a multi meeter it dose not resist any current) will not result in louder speakers just slightly lower quality sound
    And you know it\'s serious When these same media outfits are spending millions of dollars on a PR campaign, To try to convince you they\'re fair and balanced, When they\'re some of the most ignorant, and racist people, Giving that type of mentality a safe haven, We act like we share in the spoils of war that they do, We die in wars, we don\'t get the contracts to make money off \'em afterwards! We don\'t get weapons contracts, *****!
    We don\'t get cheap labor for our companies, *****! We are cheap labor, *****! Turn off the news and read, *****! Read... read... read... \"Immortal Technique\"

Nobody has really answered the question... I was just asking the limits.

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by instant
    I hate to tell ya the specifications arent really out there (not saying they cant be found). Sony hasnt placed them in normal public view. Assume a frequency response of 18-22,000hz which does not mean it actually reproduces the range. The limits are theyll burn out eventually.

I dont think anyone is gonna have an answer for you and as long as the speakers are still in the psp its a bit irrelevant. If your fixing one replace it with original units if your looking to add more just use the external output like every 3rd party company does. No need to fuck with it.

Like any technology the speakers probably change manufacturer or spec inbetween production runs and may not be exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    I hate to tell ya the specifications arent really out there (not saying they cant be found). Sony hasnt placed them in normal public view. Assume a frequency response of 18-22,000hz which does not mean it actually reproduces the range. The limits are theyll burn out eventually.

I dont think anyone is gonna have an answer for you and as long as the speakers are still in the psp its a bit irrelevant. If your fixing one replace it with original units if your looking to add more just use the external output like every 3rd party company does. No need to fuck with it.

Like any technology the speakers probably change manufacturer or spec inbetween production runs and may not be exactly the same.
    the reason i'm tring to do this is to play the highest frequency i can on my psp, to see if my neighebours dog is affected

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Speakers are designed around human ears and you typically wont find any that produce sounds over 22,000 hz or 22khz. Find out what frequency ranges that dogs really respond to that are above ours. I doubt youll find a normal speaker to produce that tone, especially on a psp.

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports

the reason i'm tring to do this is to play the highest frequency i can on my psp, to see if my neighebours dog is affected
    and why on earth would u want a dog to go bonkers anyways. i mean how would u like it if we turned up some subs and placed u right inbetween them till ur eardrums tear? if something happens to the dog... i wonder whose to blame

M1557 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

sony?
    ::M1557::
    Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To
    No One > Gives A Fuck > About Your Firmware > History