Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix my old one or get a new one?

Mac2468 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

So maybe 2 or 3 months ago my psp's wifi switch broke again and I opened it up to fix it and 3 plugs were broken on the inside of it, so I thought "Fuck it." and put it away, but I have a job now with an income of about $300 a week (pretty good for my age) and I was thinking: Should I pay my friend $15 to fix the broken plugs and wifi switch, or shell out about $250 for a whole new one. I have a phat with 3.90 m33 on it at the moment, I mean will I really be getting anything better if I get a slim, I know it has 64 mb of ram, but the phat runs everything I've thrown at it just fine, and it supports my IR Keyboard, slim doesn't.

Any input on my situation?

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

I'd say repair it, 15 bucks is fine, plus if you use your keyboard a lot then you'll need a fat psp.

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Get a job :cool:.

But seriously: Is there anything that makes the slim any better than the phat?

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

slim.. is just better

pros
    -lighter, sleeker
    -more ram
    -usb charging
    -tv out

cons
    -fingerprint magnet
    -can break easily apparently.
    -no ir port

My suggestion is, if you use your ir keyboard with your fat a lot. Get a fat.
    but if you don't, get a slim

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

EasliyConfused is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i would say fix you fatty, they are more dependable. Plus fats can have usbcharging to.

If your friend can't fix it, i will, i know the psp like the back of my hand.

I'm pretty sure he can fix it, he's fixed my psp's numerous times, unfortunately I only have one now, but if something comes up and he can't I'll get a hold of you, you don't live that far away from me, wouldn't cost much to mail it, although I would like to get the light up buttons mod done, once I get it fixed I might talk to you about having that done.

EDIT:
    I know this is a forum for PSP discussion but what do you guys think about me getting an iPhone, good investment of my hard earned cash or no?
    EDIT2:
    Slims break easily? Yeah I should stick to the phat then because I carry (or I did before it broke) my PSP with me everywhere and it needs to be able to put up with some damage which the phat did just fine.

teriaki 511 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

why not do it yourself?
    if you have a 15 watt soldering iron and some solder, someone on this forum posted on how to fix a broken wifi switch, ive tried it, it works, downside is that the led wifi indicator no longer functions, but thats not really a problem

and about the iPhone, go for an iPod touch IMO, unless you really want a phone
    Why be normal, when insanity makes life more fun!

No I don't have a soldering iron, and it'd probably be cheaper, and less of a risk to have my friend do it.
    Yeah I really don't need an iPhone, I already have a phone, but I can't find the iPhone specs, are the phones just as powerful as the touches?
    Since I've been making like $80 a day I was thinking I'd fix my old one and buy a slim, or is that a stupid thing to do, I mean like financially.

ebmGhost is offline -Hacks Newbie

First off fix your old psp for 15 $ and second stop trying to spend your money SAVE IT the iphone is a waste of money plus the phone bill you will have each month. so just fix it for 15 don't buy a new psp and don't buy anything else save your money

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast