Thread: New PSP hacker and buyer

Vasiliy is offline -Hacks Newbie

i am planning to buy a PSP in a few weeks and i was wondering are both the PSP's Slim/fat the same? is one easyer to hack then the other? and i was also wondering whats all the info that i can read up on that will help me understand hacking my psp. my friend said that if you dont hack it correctly as the site tells you, that you will "brick" your psp and its unfixable and ruined forever. is this true? as much as i thought i wouldnt go back to playing the older games since i have a ps3 and xbox. i am accually very very excited on going back to play some FF7, FF9 FF tactics and more. might play more then my ps3. i was also wondering is there a PS2 emulator as well? i would appreciate any help thanks

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Chances are any Phat you pick up will be over 3.50 from a store (used of course) which makes it just as hard as a slim (Requires Pandora method you need a battery can make one but u can pick one up for 25 thats already modded. Phats only real advantage other then being more durable is its ability to play real old homebrew that requires the 1.5 kernel dont sweat it the slim has TV out and the extra RAM is being taken advantage of.

Beware beware as a new processor that is thwarting out hacks is out on the slims in asia and there was a possible sighting in canada. So buy the oldest core pack u can find or a Daxter/GoW Pack. We expect it to be main stream by the end of august and the blue madden psp which comes out the 12th will probably have the new processor so avoid that and buy something soon.

7 plays perfectly, 8 is buggy as fuck 9 can be played with minor difficulties. There will never ever be a PS2 emulator.

feel free to im me on aim yahoo or @msn.com if u want to ask a bunch of questions or something.

is there a site that will tell me all about how to download firmware correctly and avoid my psp from bricking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliy
    is there a site that will tell me all about how to download firmware correctly and avoid my psp from bricking?
    Here lol goto the help forum theirs stickys. I can advise you of the main dangers and what not i hate talkign out an entire new guy convo in the forums which is why i always sai aim yahoo or msn messenger but only 2/3 take me up on it.

Before you flash the firmware it will allow you to make a backup of the nand keep it safe u can also do a key dump which is the most important part of the back anyways. Assuming its not a full on hardware is fucked up brick theres alot of ways to recover as long as u have your backup.

The worst ive had was a semi brick because i was doing something i knew i shouldnt and thats recovered the same way u hack it in the first place. Play it safe and chances are you wont even semi brick. Worst case scenario an unmodified psp could die the first time u turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliy
    Here lol goto the help forum theirs stickys. I can advise you of the main dangers and what not i hate talkign out an entire new guy convo in the forums which is why i always sai aim yahoo or msn messenger but only 2/3 take me up on it.

Before you flash the firmware it will allow you to make a backup of the nand keep it safe u can also do a key dump which is the most important part of the back anyways. Assuming its not a full on hardware is fucked up brick theres alot of ways to recover as long as u have your backup.

The worst ive had was a semi brick because i was doing something i knew i shouldnt and thats recovered the same way u hack it in the first place. Play it safe and chances are you wont even semi brick. Worst case scenario an unmodified psp could die the first time u turn it on.
    What did you mean as flash the firmware? as save the original firmware that was on it? and what nand?

Im going to sleep but

NAND is the main memory of the psp not to mention the type of flash memory it uses. Anytime u write to it your "flashing" keep in mind when u change ur background on the psp, settings, or upgrade the firmware it flashes stuff to the nand. The NAND backup is an image or backup of whatever is on the psp's nand at the time of the backup. So essentially your first backup will be of how the psp came.

I had a final thought while i was brushing my teeth its possible to brick when doing an official firmware update which really fucking sucks for those kind of people. Because they were on official firmware they never made a backup and they dont have their idstorage keys. So when they brick our unbricking methods are useless to them. They have the advantage of sonys support because it wasnt their fault but if its out of warranty sony is a money sucking bitch.

The method of hacking a psp is almost the same as sonys method of unbricking psp's. They have the advantage of being able to fix the idstroage keys without a backup we have the advantage of having backups lol. So even official units can brick during a firmware upgrade. The danger isnt any different. However there are things u can on purpose down the road that might require you to "unbrick".

Personally ask questions (feel free to contact me anytime u see me on or leave a message) but we have alot of people here that can help, read the readme's and pay attention youll be fine. Just remember do that backup and keep it safe, you might not ever need it though.

JJsmith is offline -Hacks Newbie

I;m sure there is people in your area willing to put custom firmware on your psp cheap check craigslist.org.

Sign by Danasoft - Images for Myspace Layouts