Thread: Any advices for a just hacked psp?

alan_morales6 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, first i wanted to tell you im so happy because i just hacked my psp, what i had been waiting for a long time and i thought it would be impossible here in Guatemala but finally i found someone that hacked mine, and i found out that my psp was slim and i always thought it was phat!. Now my psp is 3.71 M33-2, any recommendations? homebrew? And also i wanted to ask what do i gain upgrading my psp to 3.90 M33?
    And i also heard that phat psp runs better homebrew, why?
    I know they are a lot of questions but Thanks!

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

How could you not tell that your PSP was a Slim?

Anyway, update to 4.01 M33-2

Then get some homebrew and games

Enjoy :mrgreenthumbsup:

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Phat isn't necessarily better for homebrew... It can run homebrew developed for the 1.50 kernel, but lately all the major homebrew releases have been developed to run on ALL PSPs (NOT the 1.50 kernel). Your slim PSP, while it has much more internal memory than Phats, cannot run anything developed for the 1.50 kernel. You're not missing much, though, as far as I can tell...

Homebrew that runs on the 1.50 kernel can be identified by the folder names. All 1.50 kernel homebrew is made up of TWO folders, and one of which always has a percentage sign (%) as the last character in the folder name. For example, "FOLDER_NAME" and "FOLDER_NAME%" would be 1.50 kernel homebrew.

Also, the most current custom firmware is 4.01 M33-2. Update to that for full features. Check out the PLETHORA of homebrew developed for custom firmware, run back-ups of your games from the memory stick, and check out all the POPS titles (PSP-PSX). Enjoy. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    \"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

40_ounce is offline -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Fretless
    Phat isn't necessarily better for homebrew... It can run homebrew developed for the 1.50 kernel, but lately all the major homebrew releases have been developed to run on ALL PSPs (NOT the 1.50 kernel). Your slim PSP, while it has much more internal memory than Phats, cannot run anything developed for the 1.50 kernel.
    you can run 1.50 kernel hombrew on slims using timemachine ;)

kingdomkz is offline -Hacks Smarty

Not true, the Dreamcast emulator is only made for slim, it could improve and (maybe) get to full speed. I wouldn't expect both sound and video emulation though.