Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. My PSP... *tears*

Virtual Guy is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hello and good day everyone,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and it was these forums that helped me hack my first PSP back when I bought it in March of 2007. So anyway, today my PSP died in the most horrible manner on my way to work, so, I finally joined to share the story of it's sad fate.

It happened today on my way to work. I stopped into a Subway and got a foot long BMT since I am working 10 hour overnight shifts by myself, so, gotta get something to eat or I would starve to death. Working by myself means no opportunities to drive out and buy something during work hours.

I bought my first motorcycle a month and a half ago and this was the second trip to work I was making on it. (My first trip was without my PSP and thankfully so because I ended up getting caught in a downpour and arrived home completely soaked! FUN.)

So anyway, I found that my foot long sub fell out of my coat's side pockets rather easily, so I traded pockets with the PSP and put the sub into my inside pocket, and put the PSP into my reasonably deep side pockets. The PSP was in its soft carry case and was reasonably heavy--being a phat PSP--and the pockets are deep enough, so I didn't think there would be any problems, but oh, how wrong I was.

So at this point you can already guess what happened. Never under-estimate the laws of physics, 80mph winds are more than enough to send even a phat PSP flying--as I found out today.

I slowed down and moved to the curb upon feeling my PSP slip out and watching it get crushed by a few SUV's through my rear view mirrors. I came back to the part of the highway where my PSP lay to find that it was literally smashed into a few hundred pieces. There was no time to pick up everything or cry as I didn't really have much time left to get to work.

The carry case was a loss as was everything else, including my Ace Combat X UMD. However, surprisingly I managed to salvage the 8gb memory stick. It was still housed in the memory slot and doesn't look like it has a single scratch on it. (I didn't quite have a chance yet to try it out to see if it works... I hope it does. *crosses fingers*)

So there ya have it. I loved my PSP and it's custom firmware, the games, the EMUs... everything about it. I was keeping it for life. I'm a very saddened to see the PSP I babied so much get so completely smashed up. :( Now I'm looking for a new PSP phat. I don't really like the slim that much... the glossy back, the rounded edges, the lightness. Bah, not for me.

I'm hoping to find either a brand new or somewhat used White PSP phat. Ice Blue would be nice as well, but both of these colors are nigh impossible to find these days! *sigh* :|

So there ya have it, thank you for your patience if you’ve read this far. If you didn't, I hate you. ;) (j/k :mrgreen: ) And hey, if any of you guys have a White or Ice Blue PSP phat you don't mind selling or know someone or place that does, PM me right away, k?

Alrighty, well, I'm still at work right now and don't really have much to do without my PSP so I'll be chatting around for a bit. :/

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Myne got stolen so i sorta feel your pain, yours is lost for good while myne will be okay assuming a moron doesnt have it now. The Memory stick would be a shamr i lost one to a chair once but it was SD.

A phat PSP weighs under 10 ounces so dont think its a heavy bitch cause it aint. 80 MPH winds could move a whole lot more than a pound.

Are you really that attached to a phat? Do you mind doing a case swap if u had to?

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    Myne got stolen so i sorta feel your pain, yours is lost for good while myne will be okay assuming a moron doesnt have it now. The Memory stick would be a shamr i lost one to a chair once but it was SD.
    Yeah, I read some of your posts that refer to it but I haven't quite found the thread itself. Stolen at work right? That sucks too. I would hate to think that someone else is out there with my PSP. :|

A phat PSP weighs under 10 ounces so dont think its a heavy bitch cause it aint. 80 MPH winds could move a whole lot more than a pound.
    Now I know. :sigh:

Are you really that attached to a phat? Do you mind doing a case swap if u had to?
    Yes, I love the phat PSPs. But a case swap? Well... I guess if I could if I had to, but I would want a proper swap so that the buttons and analog nubs all match colors.

Are there cases that match the originals' quality of plastic? I've seen some un-impressive swaps where the plastic looks cheap and is somewhat transparent, but if there are some high quality cases out there then a case-swap isn't out of the question.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Wow shit that sucks.. seeing your PSP get smashed...

Least you got your 8GB stick out alive :)

Ive seen some nice stock looking faceplates i went looking incase i fucked myne up. The only way to get red or metallic blue for awhile was aftermarket. But trying to find one at gamestop or something already in white would be a fun task lol.

BTW where are u that winds hit 80 thats pretty high for anything that would put a small plane at risk god knows i get scared with 30 or 40 mph crosswinds.

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

ah man that sucks
    look on the brightside, you still have your memory stick with all your homebrew, your savefiles and ISO's. PLUS your gonna get a brand new PSP!

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

Ive seen some nice stock looking faceplates i went looking incase i fucked myne up. The only way to get red or metallic blue for awhile was aftermarket. But trying to find one at gamestop or something already in white would be a fun task lol.
    I'm not even going to try... will have to find it online somewhere. :/

BTW where are u that winds hit 80 thats pretty high for anything that would put a small plane at risk god knows i get scared with 30 or 40 mph crosswinds.
    I was going 80mph on my bike. While the front fairing do minimize the amount of wind hitting me, the side pockets were pretty much getting hit full force.

I missed the motorcycle part, I dunno gamestops 30 day return is nice depending on ur luck with stuff and u actually finding one. Might look for a quality white case/button set and grab the gamestop one and if it holds up for 30 days then case swap it. Up to you but yeah if u can find white online go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by popopola
    ah man that sucks
    look on the brightside, you still have your memory stick with all your homebrew, your savefiles and ISO's.
    Aha, we will see... I'm assuming the stick should be fine since it looks fine, but we will only truly know when I get off of work and try it out on a buddy's PSP.

PLUS your gonna get a brand new PSP!
    Indeed--I literally just bought a barely used White PSP phat a couple minutes back from a trusted eBay seller. Sorry, bragging isn't my thing but an exception has to be made here! :cool: $230.00 shipped from Japan, complete with everything.

This is a Japanese seller whom I've bought probably more than 30 games from, so I know he isn't some schmuck who will just run off with my money. Damn, now I can't wait. :o

[snip] Up to you but yeah if u can find white online go for it.
    It is done. ;)

Nice catch and i know ur a phat psps kinda person but hell 230 ick Id have taken the 200 bought a pack and used the 30 to buy the 10 hour battery grip that was attached to my psp when it was stolen lol.

Better yet 230 = used Slim + Grip + Used Crisis Core
    or lol 230 = Used Phat + Grip + Used Crisis core + New sony headphone remote and in a year or so a new 4GB card lol

But thats cool im sure with the condition, phat and color rarity its worth it plus u have to account for shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast