Thread: [Possibility...]

Nathanias is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Well, someone on QJ.net said something that I thought quite interesting...

What if DAX has found a way to hack TA-88v3? I can safely assume Sony put these on the last generation of slims to test if the PSP-3000 could safely be released with no worries of piracy or homebrew-running.

I believe Pandora wasn't released until either just barely after or before release of the PSP Slim, so that Sony wouldn't be able to change the unit prior to release.

Anything is possible when DaX is considered, even the creation of pandora is a sort of fairy-tale-legend on its own.

I plan on buying a 3000 at release, and keeping it boxed until 1 of 2 things happens:

1. Dax fully decrypts Sony IPL and Dc8 or Dc9 runs on original PSP-3000 models.
    2. No hacking happens within the first couple months but it is discovered that the Screen can be put on a PSP-2001

If the screen can be swapped I'm simply going to switch the screens and use the faceplate/buttons from the 3000 on my 2000. I already have a mic so I can just tell people I hacked the new psp lmao

Proud beta tester of both FuSa and BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

lol. It might happen. I was thinking that DAX could make Pandora load up like on a system reboot rather than a coldboot. (Well if the PSP works that way)

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

If anything he might have already started brute-forcing the 24-digit IPL

rofl that would take forever to check every single combination... but at this rate it might be the only choice :P

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

You definently WILL NOT be able to swap the screens. A unique IDstorage key will morethanlikely be assigned to the screen. Also, I'm going to automatically assume it will be released with a newer firmware by default. Any post-firmwares will not be compatible with the hardware; much like the 1.50 firmware was not compatible with the slim (the screen hardware did not support the 1.50 kernel). This same instance can be reapplied to this situation.

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

SkyDX is offline -Hacks Ninja

Well you could just make a hybrid firmware which makes the new screen work on the Slim, after everything that was accomplished with the PSP I doubt it would be THAT hard.
    I never read up how TimeMachine works but it makes the 1.50 kernel running on the Slim by mixing it a bit with newer firmwares, right?

XBOX Live ID: SkyyX | Wii Friend Code: 3148-9988-9956-8604

I dunnow how 1.5 TM works but I know I bricked it by trying to flash DaX's PoC firmware onto it lol