Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My experience with DC7...

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

I didn't think this was quite appropriate for the "help" section, as I'm not looking for any help, but I wanted to share my experience with Despertar del Cementerio 7.

I was thrilled when I read it could fix idstorage keys, but I wasn't sure about my PSP because I had to restore the nand of ANOTHER working (fat) PSP to get it to work. Sure enough, DC7 fixed the corrupted idstorage keys! My PSP now reads UMDs, connects to my PS3 via Remote Play, and plays PSX titles! YAY!!!!!!!

DC7 is BY FAR the easiest version of ANY pandora-based method to install AND to use. I was amazed that the UI of DC7 resembled Sony's official updater; even though the last few M33 updates have been based on Sony's updater, I didn't see this one coming.

DC7 is the PINNACLE of DAX's work. It's amazing. It's just as easy to use as it is efficient.

\"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

DC7 is great but from your post it sounds like you never saw DC6 as it looks and functions the same minus DCv7's two great new features.

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    DC7 is great but from your post it sounds like you never saw DC6 as it looks and functions the same minus DCv7's two great new features.
    You're right. I'm still a bit giddy about having a working idstorage. lol The last DC I used was DC5.
    \"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

Quote Originally Posted by Fretless
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMotorsports
    You're right. I'm still a bit giddy about having a working idstorage. lol The last DC I used was DC5.
    Good to hear, from what I have read the id storage regen is based on several already implemented methods, however not only does DCv7 have them all your actually able to use them. DCv6/7 great news 7 was a real suprise since it came shortly after. I got to mess with 6 the day before my PSP was stolen i sorta have to thank DA i wouldnt have backed up my stick that day had it not come out.

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

How did your psp get stolen?

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor
    How did your psp get stolen?
    Forgive me but ive felt ever since it was stolen that thats a really dumb question. I owned one and someone took it.. duh? Anyways as for the details i had it in my laptop backpack and an hour later it was gone.... cause someone took it.

TrogdorOmega is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I've not had any experience with DC at all yet (I used Pandora's Jigstick + Magic Memory Card Installer to get my psp working).:blush: Does it work with a hard-modded battery, or do I have to have a regular battery to soft mod? Also if I can use a hard-modded battery, does it truly make the battery unable to normal-boot the psp?

Quote Originally Posted by TrogdorOmega
    I've not had any experience with DC at all yet (I used Pandora's Jigstick + Magic Memory Card Installer to get my psp working).:blush: Does it work with a hard-modded battery, or do I have to have a regular battery to soft mod? Also if I can use a hard-modded battery, does it truly make the battery unable to normal-boot the psp?
    Most MMS makers use the Time Machine IPL now (multi ipl is the other option but DCv6/7 dependent on the TM ipl). With that IPL on the stick u can boot normally on a pandora battery.

Wether soft modded or hard modded the battery boots to service mode only, however with a multi ipl like the TM ipl it can tell it to boot from the flash instead. Soft modded batterys can be flashed back to normal where as hard modded is permanent depending upon the method.

Trillian is offline -Hacks Newbie

I hadn't had any experience with DC7 until this past Thursday, when my PSP bricked. I was so happy to have it back! Thank you, DAX!

Sucks about your PSP, Rain.

osnap1584 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

dammit the reason I haven't updated my mms is because I;m waiting for a new UPT think I should update it or wait?

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast