Thread: PSP Slim or PSP 3000 ?

zEt0 is offline -Hacks Newbie

For new people like me, should I buy PSP slim or wait for PSP 3000?

I only want a PSP for homebrew, that's it. Do you think PSP 3000 will be hacked?

If I wait for PSP 3000, and then I have bought it instead. Then I found out that it won't be hacked.... I'd have to return the PSP and buy a PSP slim from ebay which I don't want to, since I don't trust used PSPs =x

Any suggestion? Thx.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I do think that the PSP 3000 will be hacked, but not any time soon so I personally would just get a Slim

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Get a 2000 slim. If you can wait, you might as well just wait for the PSP II as opposed to the 3000, which doesn't really make a lot of improvements. Just be sure to avoid the TA-088 v.3 motherboard/processor models.

steveowashere is offline -Hacks Smarty

I agree just get a Psp Slim, while you can.....
    Support Dark Alex! Get custom firmware and more here -----> Dark Alex\'s Home Page <-----

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Get a 2000 slim. If you can wait, you might as well just wait for the PSP II as opposed to the 3000, which doesn't really make a lot of improvements. Just be sure to avoid the TA-088 v.3 motherboard/processor models.
    How can I tell which model is it?

Ok, then I'll get the Silm one. Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Robert is offline -Hacks God

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=151814
    It would probably take a while to crack the 3000 anyway. But it's really your choice to make.

Oh, I checked the link. But yes I have made my choice. I think I'm going to buy a PSP in next month or less.

Are the TA-088 v.3 models already out in stores? Does that mean I'm screwed, since I'm going to buy one off a local store.

Conundrum is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zEt0
    Oh, I checked the link. But yes I have made my choice. I think I'm going to buy a PSP in next month or less.

Are the TA-088 v.3 models already out in stores? Does that mean I'm screwed, since I'm going to buy one off a local store.
    Would depend a lot on sales I would think. I live in Canada, and after reading about the new TA-088v3s I decided now was the time to hopefully get an old one, so I went into a Futureshop and picked one up. Once I had it running CFW, I checked and it was a TA-085v2 so it had def been on the shelf awhile. For reference, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Anyhow, food for thought.

true-tq is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just recently bought a slim a couple of days ago online as the dpad on my phat was very unresponsive in particular the right and down buttons. knowing full well it was risk i went ahead as the 3000 really doesn't offer anything appealing except a bigger dose of extra security (seeing how they discontinued the battery) and i've never experienced any trouble with glare. either way if wait there's no telling how long i would have to of waited until or even if the 3000 was hackable at least this way with the 2000 there was a possibility.

anyway it seems that i may have the v1 motherboard let alone worrying about whether its a v3 i checked the code it says "NP" and the default FW was v3.60. if anyone is interested the site is play.com and i bought the core pack(console only) the ceramic white colour.