Thread: LBP Delayed?

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Default LBP Delayed?

UPDATE: Sony has confirmed the reasons for the delay, and that it is going to affect all regions, though it has yet to commit to a new release date - the full statement follows.

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We will confirm the new launch date shortly.

UPDATE #2: An official post on the PlayStation.Blog reiterated the above statement from Sony, and also mentioned that LittleBigPlanet will be shipped to North American stores the week of October 27th. No information was provided for other regions of the world.
    Who read about this? Is LittleBigPlanet really being pushed a week for such a dumb reason? I know it's a relatively short delay time, but come on. I don't know how many people pre-ordered this, but I was actually getting excited.

EDIT- BTW, can you delete your threads with vBulletin?

Last edited by Robert; 10-17-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

This story's everywhere. I don't know how big the outcry or controversy is cause I'm not familiar with the Qur'an, but it must be THAT serious for a worldwide recall.

It's only been delayed a week right? That's not that bad. It coulda been WAYYY worse.
    Last edited by Los; 10-17-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    It's only been delayed a week right? That's not that bad. It coulda been WAYYY worse.
    True, but it sucks for those of us who pre-ordered and have been waiting in giddy anticipation to play on day 1. It's like if you found out that FFXIII was being pushed back a week just before its release. (at least to me)

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    True, but it sucks for those of us who pre-ordered and have been waiting in giddy anticipation to play on day 1. It's like if you found out that FFXIII was being pushed back a week just before its release. (at least to me)
    LOL

There's always Dead Space

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

I want a cute and cuddly side-scrolling platformer not a bloody, gory survivor horror game.

Spoiler:
    Can you spot the difference?

Last edited by Robert; 10-17-2008 at 07:22 PM.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I want a cute and cuddly side-scrolling platformer not a bloody, gory survivor horror game.

Spoiler:
    Can you spot the difference?

LOL i got this call from gamestop saying " sorry but we regret to inform u that LBP will be delayed until October 27th" i was like WTF?!?!?!
    been gone awhile

Ooh, that sounds horrible. Lucky I didn't get the news like that.