Thread: People with 16GB Sony Pro Duo

mugendc4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default People with 16GB Sony Pro Duo

Is there any speed difference with the 16GB (I.E. .iso/.cso)? I've read somewhere that it takes a long time to read data from the card, not sure if it was true or not. I'm planning to purchase a 16GB since the price drop a fair amount. Have anyone purchased through Amazon? I know if you buy it through the private users, some may sell you fake ones.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mugendc4 View Post
    Is there any speed difference with the 16GB (I.E. .iso/.cso)? I've read somewhere that it takes a long time to read data from the card, not sure if it was true or not. I'm planning to purchase a 16GB since the price drop a fair amount. Have anyone purchased through Amazon? I know if you buy it through the private users, some may sell you fake ones.
    I have a 16 gig and it works perfectly no slower than my 4 gig for ISO / CSO etc but i got mine from futureshop not amazon

thats good to hear. I was hearing rumors that it has a hard time to read data and didn't want to experience slow down during gameplay. Amazon is selling the 16GB for like $112. I remember back then when it came out, it was around $299.

I just check out Buy.com and they are selling it for $113 with free shipping and I know they are very reputable. I bought my 8GB from them and it was authentic, (Magicgate: supported)

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

why not get a photofast cr3100 (external dual sd to ms converter) theirs also the cr5400(internal dual mini sd to memorystick) you can get 32GB for 100 dollars

thanks for the recommendation. I did a little research on it, and I'm not sure how reliable it is in the long run (I.E. homebrews, plugins, and etc.) It definitely does save a lot of money though. I calculate it, for the adapter which goes around for $25-35 and 2x (8gb MicroSD Class 4) goes for around $36 <$18 each> making it a total of $51-61. Probably be worth it for games only but I'll wait on it a bit and see what other users say. Wish I can afford 2x 16GB microSD but man... just gotta wait till prices get lower.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

I notice my 8GB card is slightly more laggy then my 2GB when both in the XMB and in-game. Mine was also from Future Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I notice my 8GB card is slightly more laggy then my 2GB when both in the XMB and in-game. Mine was also from Future Shop.
    Yea that What I was assuming with the 16GB. Since the memory card is bigger I guess it would take longer to read throughout the larger memory card. Since jibbz said he didn't really notice any slow downs, it kind of re-insures me a bit.