Thread: This decision is killing me 1000 2k or 3k.....

rpapi12 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default This decision is killing me 1000 2k or 3k.....

It may sound like an obvious answer to you but for me it's gonna be hard to decide becasue I really want a PSP for christmas. The thing is I used to have a phat but got rid of it and regret it a lot now missing the homebrew world. I might be able to convince my dad to buy it for me around now and he could hold it till Xmas for me this is what he did for my gift last year since it was only around for a limited time.

For 100% access to all homebrew goodies 1000 seems like the best bet but If I buy a phat it will be refurbished and I want a fresh new one and those cost like $400 unopened out of box from a few years back......
    I'm probably gonna check a few refurbished one at GSs and see how they look and even try out how they run(I'll bring a battery with me lol)

2000 - have less homebrew support than a phat but I could easily pick up a new one in fine condition. I really adore the new feature of the 2000 being able to hook it up on a TV which I've always thought was pretty cool even when I had my phat back in the day.

3000 - I know there has been no homebrew done yet but I always love having my hands on the newest gadgets even if there not that big of an upgrade. The new improved screen is a turn on since I remember how annoying it would be trying to play my psp outdoors.

I'm being tugged in three direction all at once lol I wish I could just have a phat and a 3k lol

Ino
    Ino is offline -Hacks Neophyte

99.9% of the homebrew for the phat is old and outdated, or has been ported to the slim.. Trust me I mess with homebrew crap all the time and have 2 phats and 2 slims and I haven't TOUCHED my phats in months

3000 has issues, get a slim without a TA88v3 board and you're good to go
    Black PSP Phat, bought on release day, 3.90M33-3
    Another Phat, 3.90 M33-3
    Red God of War Slim, 4.01M33-2

rpapi12 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ino View Post
    99.9% of the homebrew for the phat is old and outdated, or has been ported to the slim.. Trust me I mess with homebrew crap all the time and have 2 phats and 2 slims and I haven't TOUCHED my phats in months

3000 has issues, get a slim without a TA88v3 board and you're good to go
    i wish the 2000 had IRs like the phat then I could use it for a universal remote which i thought was pretty cool

Stalvros is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

just get psp2000
    its very cheap these days
    this shop near my place is selling 2nd hand
    for SG$200 (already custom firmwared)

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Get a slim unless the 3000 gets hacked before xmas ...... tell dad not to buy it until december just incase ....lol