Thread: Any Chance of Playing AVI format in PSP

Raj ®ulz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Red face Any Chance of Playing AVI format in PSP

Hey Guyz, New here.

Now I have heard and got in Google that PSP Supports MP4 Format only(In Videos)

But As U know all the movies available in Net are in AVI format.

So any chance of Playing AVI format in PSP. Like installing any Patch or Downgrading/Upgrading it.

I need u Suggestions. Help this newbie here.

Regards!!

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

I think PMPPlayer Advance can play AVIs.

But your best bet is to convert them to MP4-AVC format and play them on your PSP. It saves spaces, and allows you to retain, if not increase the quality of the movies.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

PSP Tube can play AVI ( Just put the AVI file into your Favorites folder of PSPTube ) but the playback is poor .

Streaming from the PC is the best option for watching AVI on a PSP but you need to be at a wifi access point .

I have a location free box and it is great for streaming content from my divx compatible DVD player , Satallite , Analogue cable etc etc .

You could try Pimpstream to stream avi files from your PC to your PSP but you will need to be within range of your own wifi connection .

if you want to watch movies on the go then you really need to convert them to a PSP compatible format at this time .