Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What about a PSP modchip?

ace90099 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default What about a PSP modchip?

I've been waiting for the good news about a hacked PSP 3000 but it hasn't shown up yet so I was wondering if anyone has giving any thought to a PSP mod-chip as a way to hack it? I ask this because since no one ever needed a modchip before I didn't think many people would think about this option but with how small modchips are you could easily fit one in the PSP depending on what it needs to do and where it needs to attach.

I started thinking about this because people are also trying to hack the new nintendo DS (DSi) and the Acekard team recently had some success but they stated that it would be impossible to make a commercial product which means that it need either a hardware mod (mod-chip or something) or it means they would have to use copyrighted info on their flashcarts or it could just mean it can be done just without a flashcart which they don't want to release because it means no money for them.

and their is a modchip avalible for the PSP.

Last edited by ace90099; 11-19-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: another comment

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

we had a modchip, but custom firmware made it obsolete.

ace90099 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Xitherun View Post
    we had a modchip, but custom firmware made it obsolete.
    I know but would it work on psp3000?

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

No, it wouldn't work. The mod-chip was made for the original PSP back in the 1.50/2.XX days. It was also used to unbrick and downgrade PSPs, because it pretty much acted like you had 2 different flash0s. Pandora is what wiped the PSP mod-chip away, not custom firmware. For now, you're just going to have to wait until something useful comes out of that Datel battery released for the 3000 series.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Would like to briefly OT here- don't current flashcarts still work with DSi? They did across all first and 2nd gens, so I don't really see Nintendo starting to give a damn now.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I hope the psp 3000 never gets hacked.

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    I hope the psp 3000 never gets hacked.
    why? to me doesn't really make a difference, the 2 consoles that I hope get hacked are the ps3 and in time, when it exists xD, the psp2 lol

My reasoning (and hope). Sony said they were planning on getting a 10 year life span out of the psp. If the psp 3000 gets hacked developers are going to keep making half assed games for the remainder of its lifespan. If it doesn't get hacked and takes a considerable amount of the market share developers will see this and put forth more effort into making better quality games.

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

makes sense and I understand why u think that, but I still think that hacking is the greatest thing that ever happened to Sony's economy, for that I wouldn't have bought my psp if it wasn't hackable, as many others on this forum, maybe people in europe, the states or japan wouldn't mind paying for games, but latin america and other parts of the world is all about free stuff (we got off-topic, sorry)

The greatest thing that would happen for the PSP is some real QUALITY games. With the rampant piracy issue the psp has isn't the greatest thing that happened to the game library. Console sales may have improved but it is not good for the developers and they are the reason game consoles come out in the first place. I'm not against piracy I just hope this one doesn't get hacked so the non hackers will buy it and buy the games. In return my hopes are that of better games. I want to see the psp succeed and another hacked console is not going to help it in the long run.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast