Thread: New PSP Owner

phifer8390 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default New PSP Owner

So I am new to the PSP world. I have read aout hacking them but I have the new 3000 series model. What can I do to it if anything. Once it is hacked what will it do? Does it offer extra video codecs? Thanks

Added
    How do I get the remote play working? I keep getting errors like 8001006F.

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

post in help next time, sorry to say this, psp 3000's haven't been hacked yet.

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Ok someone move it for me! Thanks
    Last edited by phifer8390; 11-20-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

SHould've gotten at least a Slim to be able to have a hacked psp if needed.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra View Post
    My goal is not really to hack it. I just want to know what I can do to it. Adding apps or whatever!

Sep0 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra View Post
    If 3000 is about to get hacked (which it likely is) then don't bother to get a 2000 because when 3000 is hacked, it will be better than 2000 in terms of both homebrew and hardware (better screen, bulit-in mic, etc).

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sep0 View Post
    If 3000 is about to get hacked (which it likely is) then don't bother to get a 2000 because when 3000 is hacked, it will be better than 2000 in terms of both homebrew and hardware (better screen, bulit-in mic, etc).
    actually, there were rumors of a recall, because of the screen problems the 3000 has, the difference isn't really that big, and no one knows if the hack will be achieved tomorrow, in 6 months or if it will be achieved at all.

Now as far as what it can do, u can run games from the ms, homebrew of all sorts, emulators for nes,snes,sega,segacd,nintendo64 etc etc, psx games... custom themes, (cxmb ftw) and a lot more.
    get one of the hackable ones if u can get a hold of one.

Sep0 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fd!
    actually, there were rumors of a recall, because of the screen problems the 3000 has, the difference isn't really that big, and no one knows if the hack will be achieved tomorrow, in 6 months or if it will be achieved at all.
    Rumor is rumor. I have a 3000 and the new screen is not a problem, it has better vibrant and bright colours than 1000/2000. It does have scan lines but they are not noticeable. Drag your eyes to the new screen very CLOSELY (like 0.0000001 inch in the distance of your eyes and the screen), then, yeah, you will see little scan lines but when you play normally, you barely will see the scan lines.

Sony has even announced that the new screen is not a problem. Sony has already developed and shipped a LOT of units of 3000. They will lose more money if they decide to recall due to required cost of re-making 3000 with a different screen. What they can do is to develop 4000 but that won't happen for a long time now.

There's a new battery for 3000 that can get you into service mode, it seems likely that the battery has pre-IPL to load which caused the effect to boot.

Dark Alex has released modules of 3000, so when he gets IPL information off the new battery, 3000 will be fully hacked.
    Last edited by Sep0; 11-21-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I'm not saying it won't be hacked, I'm saying that could be tomorrow, or in a year, or never no one can know that for sure.

I've seen psp3000's, and as a 2000 owner, I guess the only thing that really has over the 2000 is the posibility of a clearer view on the outdoors, which is a feature that I don't use since if I'm outside I won't be playing video games thats for sure.

Agent64 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

sorry dude, but like everyone else said 3000 hasnt been hacked yet, but i think it will soon.
    Current RANK:
    Banjo Pilot (rank 8) (New avatar Rank- Rank 4-banjokazooieForce (Final BanjoKazooieRank)

rank increases after 980 post