Thread: Something I've never seen anyone on here mention

cadams82212181 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Something I've never seen anyone on here mention

and is really worth noting is the difference in the wifi capabilities between the phat and slim, I had a fat for 3 years, several to be exact, and it wasnt until a friend of mine got a slim and i started noticing the difference in networks signal strengths as we went different places, and used psptube, and my location free player, which is so fuckin awesome, another example, I have a router in my house, and its in my room on our 2nd floor when i go to my basement and sit outside at the bottom of the basement door steps, as i go down there and watch tv and "chill" if u know what i mean, anyway with my fat i can barely pickup my signal and i can forget connecting to the access point, but with my slim the signal strength will sometime get to 60% and it runs like a dream. Which leads me to wonder have they improved the wifi capability of the 3000 model. Thanx for reading and please give some feedback and if anyone has the 3000 model, do u notice a difference in the wifi capability. Just a thought is the wifi in the slim better because of the added ram, I would think it has a part in it but not the main factor

Last edited by cadams82212181; 11-26-2008 at 02:06 AM.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I think 3000 series wifi is the same as the Slim but i'm not certain .
    The slim is 100 times better than the fat for wifi .
    I used Pimpstreamer alot on my old fat then i grabbed a slim and noticed a massive improvment in the wifi range . I also managed to grab a Location free box and during the summer i sat outside most of the day streaming Satallite TV and DVD's to my Slim PSP ,
    If i tried that with my 1000 series i doubt i would even get a signal

cadams82212181 is offline -Hacks Smarty

what model location free player do u have

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

^ is natural, tech advances every minute, so I expect Sony to do these "hidden" upgrades without any mentioning. Its like rechargable batteries, they change capacity and become standard without any huge slogans or ads.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

cokecan72 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well iv'e never heard that before neither, and if i had known that fact it may have well convinced me to get a slim instread of the Phat. Got the Phat one for its Infered (I Like irshell me) but i would have happly forgone the inferred for a much better stable internet conection, with a bit of distance...
    On my old Phat one if i'm in me garden you can forget about gettin a conection, Me laptop connects fine though, so a slim would have been well handy...Especially since i like to use psptube alot...

Cheers for the info, noted for me next psp purchase, and funny that i havent heard of that too, check out enough sites and forums and its the first ive heard about that fact.