Thread: What do I look out for?

Anti-Steve is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default What do I look out for?

I'm buying a Slim PSP to hack after the holidays for kind of a post-christmas present to myself. What I want to know is if there is any model of PSP Slim that can't have CFW flashed to it using Pandora. I've been reading into it all night but all the info I've found is at least one month old, so I figured it was possible for some sort of change to that.

So, if there is an un-hackable Slim model out on the market, what should I be on the lookout for once I'm out and about (Codes, serial numbers, box designs, etc.)?

Or, what is the likelihood of said model being hacked in the near future? Should I try to get a hold of one of these instead if they are higher quality (faster processor, RAM)? If so, what store is almost guaranteed to always stock the newest model?

Sorry if the answer is right under my nose, but I've been looking around for an hour and a half and haven't found anything reliable yet. There was this post earlier ( http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...ox-by-t223726/ ) that said to go by the letters on the box, but people were saying it was for UK only, and it was four months ago.

PSP: Gave it to my gf with 4.01 M33
    CONDITION: 3rd-Party replacement faceplate and buttons, slight disrepair

ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x

i dunno if you can find them in the box, but you can always ask your salesman about the details (sony showrooms are much reliable in my opinion). new psp2000 models that come with 4.xx and above and has TA-008v3 motherboard, and of course the psp3000 models aren't hackalbe yet.

in my opnion, i'd guarantee myself with something satisfactory enough (i'm not always after the bests). i'm happy enough with my old (not so old) psp, and if ever i'd by a new one, i'd still choose the old models that i knew are hackable as long as i can still play great games with it.
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

gregerson316 is offline -Hacks Guru

It would probably be best getting a used one.
    WHERE WRESTLING MATTERS!

ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x

Quote Originally Posted by gregerson316 View Post
    It would probably be best getting a used one.
    are the hackable slims/lites still out in the market? or phased out already?
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

Warbird is offline -Hacks Smarty

You can occasionally find some. I got a GOW PSP last month and Best Buy had a ton of them. I actually found some Daxter PSP at Circuit City on Black Friday. So they may exist but it requires a little digging to find them.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ruselli01 View Post
    are the hackable slims/lites still out in the market? or phased out already?
    Look in the electronics sections of superstores ..... Sobeys near me had quite a few of the older GOW and Daxter packs for sale .

I live in a very small area so there are still TONS of daxter PSPs around, piano black slims as well. I know I'm going to get a 3000 now, though. I can wait for it to get hacked because I still have my fat that's capable of running emulators even though the analog stick doesn't work and it looks like crap.

The thing I'm worried about though is the places that I'm looking for the 3000 won't have them in black, if even at all.

yorT is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Steve View Post
    I live in a very small area so there are still TONS of daxter PSPs around, piano black slims as well. I know I'm going to get a 3000 now, though. I can wait for it to get hacked because I still have my fat that's capable of running emulators even though the analog stick doesn't work and it looks like crap.

The thing I'm worried about though is the places that I'm looking for the 3000 won't have them in black, if even at all.
    I think the black psp 3000 are suppose to come out soon. Not sure of the exact date tho.

The Best Buy in Fargo, ND still has the Madden edition PSPs, and the Piano Black PSP2000s, I'm guessing both are hackable, no place around here really stays up-to-date on stuff like hardware lol. I'm tempted to buy one for the guaranteed knowledge of being able to hack them, but I keep telling myself I'm just going to buy the 3000 entertainment pack with the 4GB memory stick.

Thank you everyone for your input, and happy holidays!