Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I am using 3.40 OE-A CFW. Should I upgrade to a different firmware?

  
  1. #1
    Matt420 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Question I am using 3.40 OE-A CFW. Should I upgrade to a different firmware?

    So my psp has had CFW 3.40 OE-A for a while now. I'm just wondering if I should upgrade to a different CFW? If so what do you recommend?


  2. #2
    BCman's Avatar
    BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10,730
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    yes.
    5.00M33-4

  3. #3
    citizenstitch is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    yes
    upgraded firmware = being able to play the newest games.

  4. #4
    Matt420 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What are the pros about ugrading to 5.00 .

    Isn't that going to stop me from getting applications & homebrew stuff? I noticed a lot of people are using 3.90.

  5. #5
    igotapencil's Avatar
    igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gettin' Money
    Posts
    3,717
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt420 View Post
    What are the pros about ugrading to 5.00 .

    Isn't that going to stop me from getting applications & homebrew stuff? I noticed a lot of people are using 3.90.
    5.00M33-4 is just higher firmware.

    if you want to update, here are the links to the updates


    1st upgrade to 3.52M33-4
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1210

    3.52 official update (extract and rename to 352.pbp)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1209

    here is the patch
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1231

    Here is the 5.00M33

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1570

    5.00 official update (extract and rename this to 500.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1568

    Patch for 5.00M33 (5.00M33-4)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1616

    1.50 Kernel addon if needed

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1572

    1.50 official update (extract and rename to 150.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=4



    Follow the readme for further instructions.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

    Chopper City, all day.

  6. #6
    Matt420 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igotapencil View Post
    5.00M33-4 is just higher firmware.

    if you want to update, here are the links to the updates


    1st upgrade to 3.52M33-4
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1210

    3.52 official update (extract and rename to 352.pbp)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1209

    here is the patch
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1231

    Here is the 5.00M33

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1570

    5.00 official update (extract and rename this to 500.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1568

    Patch for 5.00M33 (5.00M33-4)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1616

    1.50 Kernel addon if needed

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1572

    1.50 official update (extract and rename to 150.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=4



    Follow the readme for further instructions.
    Damn..I honestly don't know where to start. I'm new @ this stuff.

    Thanks. I'll try it out & hopefully I do it right.

  7. #7
    Matt420 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by igotapencil View Post
    5.00M33-4 is just higher firmware.

    if you want to update, here are the links to the updates


    1st upgrade to 3.52M33-4
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1210

    3.52 official update (extract and rename to 352.pbp)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1209

    here is the patch
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1231

    Here is the 5.00M33

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1570

    5.00 official update (extract and rename this to 500.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1568

    Patch for 5.00M33 (5.00M33-4)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1616

    1.50 Kernel addon if needed

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1572

    1.50 official update (extract and rename to 150.PBP)

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=4



    Follow the readme for further instructions.
    Where do I put these files?! In the game folder?

  8. #8
    Furypaw's Avatar
    Furypaw is offline Programmer -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Furypaw.rar
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    They should all come with readme's.

  9. #9
    igotapencil's Avatar
    igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gettin' Money
    Posts
    3,717
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt420 View Post
    Where do I put these files?! In the game folder?
    Yes in the game folder, Please follow the readme, there is a reason why they call it a "readme"
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

    Chopper City, all day.

  10. #10
    Matt420 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by igotapencil View Post
    Yes in the game folder, Please follow the readme, there is a reason why they call it a "readme"


    Damn...this sucks. I know it can't be that difficult. Anyone know where I can get the "readme"?
    Last edited by Matt420; 12-18-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •