View Poll Results: Do You Think Highboy Deserves Some Gratitude For His Work , To Help Keep His Site Up?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The man works hard for the scene , will try and ery 1 should.

5 45.45%
  • I am willing to help him out , and will contact him.

0 0%
  • What !! I don't care really, his apps never helped me !

1 9.09%
  • Who da hell is Highboy , is he high ?

5 45.45%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sad day ! Highboy's site shut down , due to none support

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Unhappy Sad day ! Highboy's site shut down , due to none support

Yes that's what I said some ppl , just leach n leach , n leach but never give back , yo besides a select few programmers and coders that give tirelessly to improve the scene and make it easier for us !

Highboy has been 1 of those guys that's been releasing a special breed off customization apps, in that its almost impossible to find an easier way to customize a psp without using his apps some way or the other!

The guy been kindly asking for a donation of as lil as 5 bucks or whatever any1 could afford cuz its really him alone that's doing the upkeep of his site , but dude has been on many sites taking request offering help bla bla .......yes many of us do that also but but plzzzz be honest the guy REALLY PUTS IN WORK FOR MAKING APPS N STUFF!

I DONT KNOW WHAT YALL THINK BOUT THIS BUT IMO , WE R BETTER OFF HAVING HIS SITE AROUND RATHER THAN NOT HAVING IT DOWN !

PLEASE SHOW SOME SUPPORT BY EVEN SHOWING SOME KIND WORDS TO ENCOURAGING HIM TO BRING IT BACK !

A LIL DONATION WON'T HURT EITHER .......

ODV out!

IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

Nothingface420 is offline Theme Developer -Hacks Veteran

Yeah it sucks his sites down, but I don't blame him one bit.

People just don't seem to realize the work he puts in making apps & taking request.
    He doesn't have to do either, but he does to help people out.
    I've made many gameboots,cintros,bootsounds, & coldboots for people, so I know how aggravating it can be sometimes and still highboy does it.

I for one find his apps really useful & wouldn't know what to do without them, they make things SO MUCH easier.
    I really can't say much because I haven't donated either, but as soon as I get some money going I will donate.
    Even if he doesn't bring back the site he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface420 View Post
    Yeah it sucks his sites down, but I don't blame him one bit.

People just don't seem to realize the work he puts in making apps & taking request.
    He doesn't have to do either, but he does to help people out.
    I've made many gameboots,cintros,bootsounds, & coldboots for people, so I know how aggravating it can be sometimes and still highboy does it.

I for one find his apps really useful & wouldn't know what to do without them, they make things SO MUCH easier.
    I really can't say much because I haven't donated either, but as soon as I get some money going I will donate.
    Even if he doesn't bring back the site he deserves it.

Dude for 1 are someone that surely tells n show him some props all da time , do'nt feel bad bout not donating yet though , it happens but I mean there are ppl that pester n leach all day !!!!!!

Can u..........Can u........Can u do this , make me this , change this, edited this , teach me bla bla bla Highboy !

N his reply would be ..........." Hey bud TRY THIS , DOWNLOAD HERE "

I am filling 1 other request that I promised to make for a guy in my thread n I am going on a PASSIVE PROTEST ............NOT MAKING ANY BOOTS FOR ANYONE FOR AWHILE !

yall give the da guy a bone to chew on man !

ODV out !

PROTEST !
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

ODV, i heard Highboy is ur bro. is that true?

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Quote Originally Posted by cheewongken View Post
    ODV, i heard Highboy is ur bro. is that true?
    Well yeah he is , n he should be everyones bro here imo , cuz he sure acts like he is always friendly , helping out , teaching well u get the drift !

I am passionate about it his site an what it was to all of us it's like if psp hacks was to shut down , yea we can live with it n move on but , most of us here would prefer it not be down or even zingas site , stufff like that these guys are working their butts off for us to have fun !

gold2040 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

maybe, one of the kind folks on hacks can offer him a server??
    PSPDosbox ---> Compatibility List
    Want to contribute, PM me

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

shit dood. I was just on his site yesterday, getting some awesome gameboots. D:

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I've given up on asking for donations, but I do have a server with a lot of idle resources - if he asked me, (and if he sees this), I'd be glad to offer him hosting for free.

EDIT: Okay, misunderstanding - looks like his site is hosted on 110mb (free service), so paying for hosting/domain doesn't appear to be the issue - I guess he's just asking for donations for his maintaining the site.
    Last edited by ZiNgABuRgA; 12-20-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Furypaw is offline Programmer -Hacks Veteran

Free server yes, but his site is a .com right, so he would have to pay for that.

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sabre View Post
    Free server yes, but his site is a .com right, so he would have to pay for that.
    No, it's the free subdomain.
    Plus .com registration is like US$9/year or less at most registrars, nowhere near $5/month ($60/year).

A possibility is that he's saving up for paid hosting, or he just wants to be supported.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast