Thread: do i have to back up my nand?

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default do i have to back up my nand?

hi, i have a phat psp running 5.00-4 m33. i have a pandora battery and a magic memory stick which i update often(it has now dc8). i see often suggestions to back up my nand. but i thought that the pandora pack could unbrick the psp? do i have to back up my nand? and is it safe, or is it just when i use it it is dangerous? and can i just back up my nand with pandora?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

No, and yes its safe.

The reason why we tell everyone to backup their nand images because its the only way to unbrick your PSP if Pandora cannot do it. Also, there are some things Pandora cannot do such as repair your idstorage keys, etc.

In Addition, there are some people who flash nands from other PSPs to theirs hoping that it will provide a fix. That wasn't the case, and the PSP is damaged more.

The nand dump will fully replace everything on your PSP to the time the nand dump was made. For example, if you are on 5.00 M33, and back it up now, and upgrade to 6.00 M33 later on, you can flash your nand and go back to 5.00 M33 without any problems. (Provided that it came from your PSP of course) In Addition, problems with your id storage keys among other things can be fixed fully.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

so if i back up my nand now, and maybe another time next month or when i update the psp, and i have a pandora, it is 99,9999% chance that i can unbrick it when its bricked? and if i back up my nand often, i can unbrick my psp if pandora cant, and at the same time go bac to an older version if i want?
    i will start to back it up right now. or how long does it takes? a few minutes or half an hour? and what is the safest way? pandora or another program?
    when i have, how big will the files be?
    can i copy the files to my computer as a 200% back up?