Thread: Ok. Slim or Fat PSP?

eXoNeraTeD is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Ok. Slim or Fat PSP?

Ive heard many different things about both from reading up. I want to be able to run the playstation emulator smoothly, and other emulators also. Is the slim better for this because of the added RAM? Also, I found the OEM faceplates for slims online, So I could buy a messed up one and easily swap the faceplates on it. Butttt, I do have a good deal lined up on a fat psp. Opinions?

Btw, is the screen actually exposed on the slim psps? If I ordered new housing, wud the screen scratches be removed?

ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...t-psp-t231539/

if you're worried about the scratches it might get, you could always buy lcd protectors, silicon case, or crystal case (protects the entire psp).
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

I'd suggest a slim if you can get an old one with something lower than 4.01 as the original firmware. If not then get a phat. They both can play ps1 games as good as each other you just need the newest version of popsloader (loads the pops files from previous firmwares) the slim does have it's upsides with the extra ram (pspstates as an example) but they both can play all of the console emulators.
    Potato.

mugendc4 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

The only advantages that a PSP Fat has over a Slim is the 1.50 kernal add on but Time Machine can fix that problem for Slim. I ordered a Skin from "Best Skins Ever" and its probably one of my best investments. My Slim has been scratch free since day 1.

eXoNeraTeD is offline -Hacks Newbie

So basically the only advantage it has is the savestates? Dont the emulators already have savestates? Or can only the slim do this.

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

and the fat psp has a the IRport for use as a universal remote.
    and the fact that the fat is solid and not as light and junky plastic as the slim.
    and the memcard insertion is way better on the fat then the slim.

ObesitysArrow is offline -Hacks Newbie

Defintly the fat one. If your buying a new psp slim gl getting one without the psp 3000 motherboard (im speaking from a sad experience). All fat ones should be hackable.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I say get the slim if you can find a hackable version without the new Mobo ....... I have both a fat and a slim and since i got the slim the fat just gathers dust

I use the wifi a lot on my PSP and the Slims wifi is 100 X better than the fat wifi ..... TV out is a nice bonus on the slim aswell

The slim does have it's problems the UMD door on a slim is cheap and crappy and the MS slot sucks but once it is modded and you have a good sized memorycard then you will never open these two parts anyway ...lol
    Last edited by jibbz; 12-30-2008 at 09:11 PM.

5010 is offline Banned -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BCman View Post
    and the fat psp has a the IRport for use as a universal remote.
    and the fact that the fat is solid and not as light and junky plastic as the slim.
    and the memcard insertion is way better on the fat then the slim.
    co-sign, more on point then most other mods

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

I've never had a slim, but I'm happy with my phatty. lol

If i had the choice, i'd probly go with a slim tho. TV out sounds sweet.

So its up to you. There are like a handful of apps that can only run on slims but 99% off other homebrew works on both versions.

And as for emulators- the PS1 emulator is the same (i hear) and the only difference in console emulators is games load slightly faster. everything else is the same.