Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Clock Speed?

  
  1. #1
    Corpsman is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Clock Speed?

    What is a safe clock speed for my XMB and Games for 2 year old PSP Phat?


  2. #2
    igotapencil's Avatar
    igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gettin' Money
    Posts
    3,717
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    all of them are safe, the higher it is, it drains more battery life.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

    Chopper City, all day.

  3. #3
    ThievingSix's Avatar
    ThievingSix is offline Programmer -Hacks Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Actually extended period use of the wifi at 333/166mhz will eventually fry it out. Personally I use 222mhz for XMB and 266 for most games. For some games(Like God of War) I up it to 300 or 333mhz.

    "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
    "Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein

  4. #4
    ruselli01's Avatar
    ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i still lack knowledge about this matter, about which is which, what's best for what. can somebody fill me in? many thanks!
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

    ..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

  5. #5
    spelman08 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruselli01 View Post
    i still lack knowledge about this matter, about which is which, what's best for what. can somebody fill me in? many thanks!
    its simple

    higher clock speed = less batterylife
    higher clock speed = more performance

    I use 266mhz for XMB and 300mhz for games

  6. #6
    ruselli01's Avatar
    ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spelman08 View Post
    its simple

    higher clock speed = less batterylife
    higher clock speed = more performance

    I use 266mhz for XMB and 300mhz for games
    thank you very much. but what those numbers imply? e.i. 333/166.
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

    ..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

  7. #7
    Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,750
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I run them both at 333MHz. It's not like a pc, they won't overheat (except the wifi card).
    Potato.

  8. #8
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruselli01 View Post
    thank you very much. but what those numbers imply? e.i. 333/166.
    The numbers are the speeds for the cpu/bus.
    So 333/166 will mean the CPU is clocked to 333mhZ while the bus is clocked to 166mhZ. They go down proportionally though.

    All speeds are safe except if you are using the stock Wifi card. Using it at 333mhZ for long periods of time can kill it.. It's better to be warned twice.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  9. #9
    ruselli01's Avatar
    ruselli01 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pilipinas ang aking lupang sinilangan......currently in middle east...x.x
    Posts
    322
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    The numbers are the speeds for the cpu/bus.
    So 333/166 will mean the CPU is clocked to 333mhZ while the bus is clocked to 166mhZ. They go down proportionally though.

    All speeds are safe except if you are using the stock Wifi card. Using it at 333mhZ for long periods of time can kill it.. It's better to be warned twice.
    thank you. now i learned something new (in my case).
    ..sana ang buhay natin palaging may 1-UP..

    ..you just can't please everybody...and you don't live to do so..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •