Thread: im looking for a bluetooth adapter thats pretty small

mav3r1ck is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default im looking for a bluetooth adapter thats pretty small

something i could rip apart and cram into a tight spot, any suggestions? maybe something that the housing could be taken off and fit a lil loosely into the umd door? hopefully, about 2 inches wide as well.

HyperHacker is offline Programmer -Hacks Enthusiast

I bought a pair of Helium Digital Bluetooth headphones at Wal-mart, they come with a very small transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. (It does a lousy job of staying plugged in, so I have to hold it in with an elastic, but that shouldn't be an issue if you're going to mod it.) The transmitter is about 5x1.3x2.2cm, not including the plug, and probably most of that space is the battery, so it should be pretty easy to internalize.

I've considered doing this myself, the problems I can see are:
    1) Not being able to play sound through the PSP speakers, unless you had some kind of switch.
    2) You'd have to rig up some way to power the device using the PSP's battery, only when the PSP is on, and then find a way to activate the connect button automatically or route it to the outside of the system.
    3) Not being able to use the transmitter with any other device, unless you did some sort of witchery that let the headphone jack double as line-in when the PSP is off...

They were only $50 CDN so they're good candidates for a mod project. The transmitter works fairly well, though the range drops dramatically when the battery is low. (I haven't used the actual headphones though; I already had a pair, just needed a transmitter and couldn't find a standalone one. Oh well, now I have a spare. )
    >> PSP-2001 running 5.00m33-6, 4GB Lexar memory stick

mav3r1ck is offline -Hacks Smarty

in all actuality this isnt going into a psp. its going into a mp4 player i have, its loaded with good features but it really needs bluetooth.
    well, technically, it already has a switch, the power button on the transmitter.
    also, you can share pins on the audio jack, just attach at the same points, itll work fine that way.

and also, could you give me a picture of them or a link or something to this product? im in north carolina so i dont think ill find it that easily around here.