Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP-3000 Could already been hacked!

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

Exclamation PSP-3000 Could already been hacked!

I'm sure you all know about the new Psardumper for the PSP Phat and Slim, which will allow the decryption of the PSP-3000's PRXs?

After reading several forums, many have said, for the decryption of the psp-3000 modules, one has to be on a hacked psp-3000.

Is it just BS? or did someone really hack the psp-3000 already?

You think of it, meanwhile, read Mathieulh's post over at lan.st

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulh
    We have kernel exploits arround, the problem is that everytime we disclose them, sony patch them in their next kernel revision and we are quite tired to play cat and mouse all the time, not to mention it has been a while since most of them have been found and we did not check them against the lastest kernel (although something tells me most if not all of them should still work fine)

I will check with the others (since I am not really into the psp anymore) if they want to work on any HEN version for the psp-3000

In any case, if people want homebrew on their psp-3000 I do not advise them to update their console to any later firmware than 5.02
    quote source = http://lan.st/showpost.php?p=12684&postcount=77

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Suely we would know if it has definitely been 100% hacked... Someone probably would have announced it.
    Potato.

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

like Mathieulh said, We have kernel exploits arround, the problem is that everytime we disclose them, sony patch them in their next kernel revision and we are quite tired to play cat and mouse all the time,

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

yorT is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yeah I heard this as well, just they don't want to release it for that reason.

Kimi is offline -Hacks Newbie

just a quick question - what does this have to do with the new psp-2000 with the v3 motherboards? does the psp-3000 have anything in common with the psp-2000 with the v3 mobo, in terms of hacking?

Spy-MasterX is offline -Hacks Newbie

pssh, did you even read the whole thread? or just that post? It carries on to say that you MIGHT be able to have cfw but once you turn your psp off you would have to run the exploit again, this is because cfw is lauched by custom ipls, wich won't work on the 3000 series, or so this is what I made of the thread.

And anyway if the did find a way of "hacking" the 3000 psp, why aren't there people running around with hacked 3000's? Just because sony would patch these exploits with more firmware updates doesn't mean you have to download them, sony can't force you too.
    Last edited by Spy-MasterX; 01-07-2009 at 12:57 AM.

NoEffex is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Spy-MasterX View Post
    pssh, did you even read the whole thread? or just that post? It carries on to say that you MIGHT be able to have cfw but once you turn your psp off you would have to run the exploit again, this is because cfw is lauched by custom ipls, wich won't work on the 3000 series, or so this is what I made of the thread.

And anyway if the did find a way of "hacking" the 3000 psp, why aren't there people running around with hacked 3000's? Just because sony would patch these exploits with more firmware updates doesn't mean you have to download them, sony can't force you too.
    No, HEN would be that. I remember having to do it all the time. I'm pretty sure custom firmware itself isn't hijacking of any ipl bs, that'd be pandora. Custom firmware is exactly what it says, custom firmware. From what I can tell in the 3.10 oe source, it's the use of a custom module(forgot which one) which then loads this and that, and viola. Needless to say, it's irrelevant about the IPL.
    Sign the Online Petition to bring Crysis 2 to Linux/Mac!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury9800 View Post
    cso != compressed

Spy-MasterX is offline -Hacks Newbie

lol i knew I wasn't sure what i was talking about. I just think these kernel exploits are bs. Why not release these kernel exploits? just because sony would try to patch them doesn't mean you have to download these patches. Anyway I'm sure you know what your talking about Noeffex. (coz I don't XD)

NoEffex is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Spy-MasterX View Post
    lol i knew I wasn't sure what i was talking about. I just think these kernel exploits are bs. Why not release these kernel exploits? just because sony would try to patch them doesn't mean you have to download these patches. Anyway I'm sure you know what your talking about Noeffex. (coz I don't XD)
    They don't release them because they are saving them for future usage. Since pandora is dominant, and they haven't cracked the thing yet, matheiul is apparently suggesting "getting (most of) the crew back together" and making another HEN, thus leading to cfw. I suspect, if this went through, hellcat would port his recovery flasher to hen format and thus, cfw for all.
    Sign the Online Petition to bring Crysis 2 to Linux/Mac!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury9800 View Post
    cso != compressed

Furypaw is offline Programmer -Hacks Veteran

It just saves everyone the hassle of finding another exploit later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast