Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Odds of the new motherboard getting hacked?

archmage is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Odds of the new motherboard getting hacked?

I am asking this because a friend told me to mod the psp my parents got me for xmas. However, I found out that my psp (it came with v4.01 ofw) cannot be hacked. I am not knowldgeable about the psp hacking scene so can anyone tell me what the odds of the new motherboard getting hacked sometime this year? Thanks.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

advise my friend, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UPGRADE, DO NOT!!

if there is a weakness on earlier unhackable firmwares sort of speak, it will most likely be patched on newer versions of the firmware.

Husika is offline -Hacks Smarty

i remember the days when TA-082 was unhackable now im running 5. m33-4 just be patient dont try anything stuppid
    \"The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters\"

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by archmage View Post
    I am asking this because a friend told me to mod the psp my parents got me for xmas. However, I found out that my psp (it came with v4.01 ofw) cannot be hacked. I am not knowldgeable about the psp hacking scene so can anyone tell me what the odds of the new motherboard getting hacked sometime this year? Thanks.
    I say about 60% that it'll be hacked by the end march.

pottsdie is offline -Hacks Newbie

General rule to go by when you have an unhackable PSP and your waiting for it to be hackable: Scour the internet for details on every sony official upgrade. Unless its something you NEED to have, never update when its just stupid fixes and shit.

While I may have just created an account since I just got a psp a month ago, Ive been lurking here and other psp hacking forums for some time. I remember reading a few threads that basically summed up as "WAAA I UPGRADED BECAUSE SONY TOLD ME TOO IS THERE ANY HAX FOR *Insert firmware version not hackable at the time here*". sad. sad.

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pottsdie View Post
    General rule to go by when you have an unhackable PSP and your waiting for it to be hackable: Scour the internet for details on every sony official upgrade. Unless its something you NEED to have, never update when its just stupid fixes and shit.

While I may have just created an account since I just got a psp a month ago, Ive been lurking here and other psp hacking forums for some time. I remember reading a few threads that basically summed up as "WAAA I UPGRADED BECAUSE SONY TOLD ME TOO IS THERE ANY HAX FOR *Insert firmware version not hackable at the time here*". sad. sad.
    damn n00bs.

cheewongken is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by theEvilOne View Post
    damn n00bs.
    damn n00bs. period.

seen this yet?

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...acked-t232107/

>> Has left the PSP scene. (But still visits!)

archmage is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for the feedback guys

I do not plan to upgrade my PSP with OFW ever. I know that sony will put things on it to prevent hacking.

I know about the gripshift exploit but I am more interested in installing CFW on my PSP than running hello world type programs.

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by archmage View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys

I do not plan to upgrade my PSP with OFW ever. I know that sony will put things on it to prevent hacking.

I know about the gripshift exploit but I am more interested in installing CFW on my PSP than running hello world type programs.
    the exploits seem like the way to get cfw installed for the currently unhackable psp's in the near future...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast