Thread: Cfw?

satan4004 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Cfw?

so i was looking through the psn store, and came across resistance retribution demo for the psp, so i downloaded it, 171mb, didnt take long, dusted off my psp with CFW 5.00-6, plugged it into the ps3 and transfered the demo. excitment now building i scrolled through the xmb to games and there it was, hurridly i pushed the x button, DISAPPOINTMENT, grey screen which says ("the system software of your PSP system is version 5.00, to start, you must update to version 5.02 or later. as far as im aware, the latest CFW 5.00-6, is this correct?

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

yes, you're right. unfortuanly. maybe try download the whole game if you want it, but it is illegal, suggest you to try antother game.

maybe this can be a suggestion to a new firmware? in the new firmwares, have the option to make the psp think you have a newer firmware.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Yeah. Try using the 'version.txt' switch.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

DarrenShan is offline -Hacks Ninja

what is that? i am feeling out dated now even i am here all the time.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Alex
    - Added the posibility of loading version information from the file flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt

By default is disabled. If you enable it in recovery, you could for example dump 5.01 firmware,
    copy the version.txt from it to the flash, and bypass firmware check restrictions like those that
    may be in psn, etc.
    This will also fake official network update (not m33 one), and running the update eboot (again, not m33 ones).
    You have to download the 5.02 EBOOT, dump it using PSARDUMPER, and then finding the 'version.txt' file, and moving it to any one of the locations named above.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Another method is to update to 5.02 GEN.